What is the best Dordogne site closest to the scenic area

Jun 8, 2005
Visit site
Hi all

Trying to please everyone as usual. Suggestions would be good.

Possibly going with 2 teenage boys (I know, can't help it).

Very well behaved never the less. Driving from Calais, where would you suggest stopping over.

Cheers

Moley

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
To be right alongside the river Dordogne, for canoeing for instance, then try Camping Soleil Plage at Vitrac. Camping St Avit Loisirs at La Bugue is the sort of site to suit teenage boys, and Camping Le Paradis at St Leon sur Vezere is also great with canoeing directly from the site along the river Vezere. Sarlat le Caneda is the town 'at the centre of it all' in the Dordogne region, but is busy and traffic can be awful in high season.

When are you intending to go? July/mid-August are really busy, and sites may well be fully booked, so if you have a choice then after mid-August you should find space on most sites.

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
I like Le Port du Limeuel,I think thats how it is spelt it is by Le Bugue and is on the confluence of the Dordogne and the Vizerre rivers right on the side of the river and has its own canoes.Nice bar friendly owners and very well maintained.

G

Try Camping Val de Marquise in Le Bugue. It is 3 km from Limuel (cannot spell it either)and one of the best sites in the area. Many Brits don't leave after arriving.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts