What on earth is going on in your IT dept!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
where have my last posts gone.
I understand new site great ,
but coulnt log in without a long winded log in (SAGA) and password change .
come on you it people get it together and sort out the lost threds,
paul vp

G

Like others,a bit surprised. Managed to make a new password as the old one not acceptable. It still felt my new one was only 'medium' risk, although plenty of numbers in it. Not really too sure if that degree of security is necessary as this is a Forum and does not for example include anything financial. It will take an old codger like me a long time to figure out all the bells and whistles, and I doubt I will use many of them. To my mind it was the content of the Post that matters, not the embellishments.

However, best wishes to the team that did all this and hopefully trolls will not find it too easy to crack.

G

Just noticed if gives my joining date. My gosh, was it that long ago?

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
The site has changed from this morning, i surpose ample warning was given, but having just got back from holiday tuesday, it has come as something of a surprise.
Can't find a spell checker?

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Like others it was a bit frustrating to find out that I couldn't log in and had to change my password but I can't say I got upset over it.
Looking at the new site I can't see that it is TOO technical, it's just that some hate change. Give it a few days and people wont even remember what the old site looked like.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
But I can't reply to any posts - I've tried and it just doesn't accept them. I've also got a great load of odd text between the top of the page and the main body of what should be there. What am I doing wrong? I should be an expert - but feel like a novice, and where are the lovely icon thingys we were promised?

Jan 8, 2008
Visit site
Val A. said:
But I can't reply to any posts - I've tried and it just doesn't accept them. I've also got a great load of odd text between the top of the page and the main body of what should be there. What am I doing wrong? I should be an expert - but feel like a novice, and where are the lovely icon thingys we were promised?
Hi Val. Not sure I understand your problem. Are you still having issues - I can see you've posted now, for example? What browser do you use (since there are some odd gltches with Safari and Chrome, for example)?

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Well I'm in now, after about three quarters of an hour of going around in circles - and finding some very strange text at the top of the page, above these bits, but below my own computer menus, etc!

It won't paste in here but perhaps I'll add a copy later!

I can't decide whether to add a photo of myself, or whether that would be immodest! I'll try, anyway!

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lord Braykewynde said:
Damian-Moderator said:
This post has been self edited as the reply may have caused some upset.

Oh dear, Damian gagged himself ... heh! heh! heh!

LB, I deliberately edited what I was going to say in reply to the OP.

Despite the reason for temporary "lost" posts being very clearly given by John Duncan, the OP still had to "have a go" at what has been waited for, for over 5 years, and of course there may be the odd settling in problems.

Oh well,cant please everyone all the time I suppose.

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
When i first saw your pic , the first thing that came into my head was its Archie Andrews , lol , the fish is a 13lb barbel from the Wye at peg 18 at Lucksall park

Reg

Jan 12, 2008
Visit site
I am just trying it out

Just wanted to see who I am now....... that a bit confusing!

Last time I had a name and number like this I was wearing a ginger suit and they gave me a rifle

Oh Christ I haven't just signed up for the home guard have I?

Reg

Jan 12, 2008
Visit site
I think I've got the hang of it now...... when will the new sideboard I think I've just ordered be delivered?

Just Kidding.

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
I had no real problems, still have my original user name and password.
New site takes a lot more space up on the laptop!
Tiltle at the top is a bit on the large size?

Why the save button? When it appears to be the post button?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts