What would you do?

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Move............NOW! 6m away or 2m down.

Is that your shadow with the camera Kev. If so, why are you wearing a dress. Think Ill give Woosiefest a swerver.

And that caravan isn't level either. 🤣
That shadow is my Mackintosh weather protection coat, always with me just in case :LOL:
The van was level when we started, the wind blew it that much out of level😝😝

May 24, 2014
Visit site
That shadow is my Mackintosh weather protection coat, always with me just in case :LOL:
The van was level when we started, the wind blew it that much out of level

Best just to get trolleyed. Everything looks level then. ;)

• Love
Reactions: Gagakev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Well so far not been to Cornwall or St Ives and if i do from my home i think a cottage might be better for me and then we can explore

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the tip about booking early Kevin, the site will be full when we go again in July.
We often eat at The Stable Bar at Polmanter when we're there, but pre-Covid we never had to book.
They used to have a singer on Friday nights, not too loud and very pleasant after a good meal
We paid £40.60 per night for a grass fully serviced pitch at Polmanter for the first two weeks in July.
There are less expensive sites not too far away but we prefer Polmanter.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the tip about booking early Kevin, the site will be full when we go again in July.
We often eat at The Stable Bar at Polmanter when we're there, but pre-Covid we never had to book.
They used to have a singer on Friday nights, not too loud and very pleasant after a good meal
We paid £40.60 per night for a grass fully serviced pitch at Polmanter for the first two weeks in July.
There are less expensive sites not too far away but we prefer Polmanter.
Enjoy Parksy, we liked the site very much and will return in better climes.

Reactions: Parksy

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
[post: 520769, member: 7097"]
[/QUOTE]
Thanks Kev.
We'll be spending six nights at a site in Falmouth before moving on to Polmanter for our fortnight.
Herself has relatives in Falmouth so we'll be spending time with them.
Hopefully we'll get some sunshine during our time in Cornwall.
🌞

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
[post: 520769, member: 7097"]
Thanks Kev.
We'll be spending six nights at a site in Falmouth before moving on to Polmanter for our fortnight.
Herself has relatives in Falmouth so we'll be spending time with them.
Hopefully we'll get some sunshine during our time in Cornwall.
🌞
Hi Parksy I hope you have fantastic time and the weather warms up

Reactions: Parksy
May 7, 2012
Visit site
I think the answer is complain to reception and insist they did something. Their licence could be at risk if they allowed that situation.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Copied from the Polmanter Touring Park brochure:

'We’re here to help, and naturally if you have any concerns, we want to know so we can address them speedily. Please tell Reception or the night warden as soon as you can. If you want to raise a concern after you’ve left, please email or write to us within 28 days'

The bottom line has to be that if you don't tell them, they can't do anything about it.

Reactions: otherclive
Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Now this may sound like a silly question, but if the pitch is 13mx12m why has the OP placed his van so close to the hedge?
Sorry bit of a misprint pitch was 13m x 10m.

I feel such a fool, on arrival I looked along the row and saw how others had pitched up and copied them , what I should have done is pitched my van in the middle and the motorhome would not have been in the wrong.

• Sad
Reactions: Hutch
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Kev, I am a bit like yourself ! I hate confrontation, Sensibility hould prevale, but the next day, a conversation might have come into it.
Just like the next time I put our van away, too close. But when I take our out I will leave a note asking both vans to leave 3 foot between us.
Yet again , the Motor home did not pitch in the middle either.
Great life this Caravanning eh.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
And when their Charcoal BBQ blows over your pitch for an 2 hours, most inconsiderate, I am surprised The CaMC have not banned them.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Kev, I am a bit like yourself ! I hate confrontation, Sensibility hould prevale, but the next day, a conversation might have come into it.
Just like the next time I put our van away, too close. But when I take our out I will leave a note asking both vans to leave 3 foot between us.
Yet again , the Motor home did not pitch in the middle either.
Great life this Caravanning eh.
Hutch as explained in an earlier post I felt for the kiddies and didnt want to upset them at that time of night and I had every intention to mention it in the morning, but even up to 9.45am when we left they had not even surfaced, so in hindsight I should have gone to reception.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
And when their Charcoal BBQ blows over your pitch for an 2 hours, most inconsiderate, I am surprised The CaMC have not banned them.
Polmanter isn't a C&MH site, nor is it affiliated to either of the clubs.
The site has been run by the same family since it opened, and when it was a farm before that.
Hutch as explained in an earlier post I felt for the kiddies and didnt want to upset them at that time of night and I had every intention to mention it in the morning, but even up to 9.45am when we left they had not even surfaced, so in hindsight I should have gone to reception.
You're a big softie deep down Kevin 😁
Seriously though, you were leaving anyway the next morning, so why potentially spoil your last night there?
You can't win really, on Polmanter's fully serviced pitches the ehu and drinking water bollard is in the middle.
You have to fit your caravan, awning and car onto the pitch, so you tend to pitch fairly close to the bollard, and the guy next door on a shared double pitch usually pitches the same.
You can usually keep about 20 feet between units but on shared double grass pitches with hedges around the perimeter it's best to be friendly and pleasant with your neighbours.
If you pitch on the perimeter near to the hedges and the unit on the next shared double does the same on his side of the dividing hedge the situation in the picture happens.
Polmanter is one of our all time favourite sites, Becci the Boss and her staff are unfailingly helpful and they will sort out any real problems.
At the end of the day, there are a lot of people sharing a pleasant space, you could see some of these people every day while you're there so a bit of give and take goes a long way.
On reflection I don't really blame you Kevin, these things happen and nobody died 😉

Reactions: Gagakev and Hutch
May 24, 2014
Visit site
This is why CAMC rules make sense, corner of van to white post, awning one side car on the other. Its simple, it works and it saves problems like the one Kev had inflicted on him.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We going to a place in June called Daisy Bank Touring caravan park the hardstanding service pitch are big awning on one side car on the other side so far never had any problems so far

May 7, 2012
Visit site
That spacing is wrong and dangerous if one unit has a fire. The site has to have a licence which will require the units to be at a safe distance and if they do not operate it correctly their licence is at risk. You cannot tell from the photo who is at fault or possibly even both, I do not know the site so can say no more on that.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts