What would you like for Christmas?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
It’s that time of year when I keep being asked “ what would you like for Christmas?” Generally I’m totally blank. But this year I did think about going electric and asking for a cordless strimmer, which I thought could possibly tempt my wife to use it for lawn edging. But after 58 years she saw through that one. So I then thought I can still manage lawn edging even though it takes three times as long to get back up as getting down. So I scratched the idea of the cordless strimmer.

Instead I have opted to turn back the clock on technology. In 1985 as I was packing to return from a year in Canada I found that the RAF’s shipping agents would not accept skis because of their length. Since I only had two pairs ( cross country and downhill) and didn’t expect to use them much where we lived in Dartmoor I swopped them for a friends Webber kettle bbq, which did sterling service. Eventually the Weber had to be replaced and I bought a stainless steel Dancook, which whilst good wasn’t a patch on the Webber for flexibility of cooking. So tomorrow I’m off to fetch a new Weber from a local store that offered an internet beating price with accessories. Have to hide it until Christmas Day then express total surprise and pleasure to my wife for her thoughtful gift.

What would Forumites like for Christmas?

Feb 13, 2024
Visit site
At the moment im decorating, 2 rooms done, 3 to go, wallpaper stripped off, prep walls, lining paper applied then emulsion painted.
What i would like for xmas is to have them all done! Fat chance of that!

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
The winning numbers for the new years Euromillions draw would be nice. I could spread so much happiness to others less fortunate than myself (and book a round the world cruise!)

No harm in dreaming eh?

Other than that there's not much I need/want, other than many more years of good health for both my wife of 48 years and myself

Reactions: borderbilly

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts