Wheel arch draught excluder

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Thingy,,,,having now received my draught stoppa,,,I can understand why you have it in the back of a shed,,,,

However,,with a few modifications and some masking tape I'm going to try it,,,nothing ventured, nothing gained

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
We've done like the OP for many years but have just changed our van to a Bailey U3. I rang Isabella to ask for a wider arch cover for a twin axle and was asked which van it was for. They sent one by return FOC but I was puzzled when I got it as there were no eyelets or studs and it was shaped like the arch.

To cut a long story short 'dummy' here eventually realised that Bailey fit a springy plastic extrusion shaped around the wheel arch into which the top of the arch skirt fits rather like an awning bead. Maybe everyone else already knows about it? The result is a very neat, simple & secure fitting. Didn't take a photo but worth checking on newer vans whether you have something similar.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Thats the one I chucked to the back of the shed, and the one pensioner bought whom I believe is of the same opinion. The suckers work much better and its so easy to do.

Feb 9, 2009
Visit site
I have the jaiiddesign one mentioned earlier. It fold flat into one third of the open size and weighs almost nothing. The velcro goes through the wheel spokes and attaches to the plastic that you attach to he skirt si it holds the skirt up as well as stopping the drafts

Before we had it the dogs managed to squeeze between the skirt and wheel but now it is impossible for them to do so

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I've checked what I said previously I thought was a home made wheel arch cover and it is and it's great, perfect fit in the space with 2 small bolts that slide into slots in the wheel arch to hold it in place, on the outer edge is a strip to slide the awning skirt so really pleased I didn't chuck it out.

BP

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Beehpee said:
I've checked what I said previously I thought was a home made wheel arch cover and it is and it's great, perfect fit in the space with 2 small bolts that slide into slots in the wheel arch to hold it in place, on the outer edge is a strip to slide the awning skirt so really pleased I didn't chuck it out.

BP

Mine is similar to yours Beepee, made mine out of white plastic soffit board with three small chrome bolts holding it on to the wheel arch, with the figure 8 track along the bottom, Cant find the photo I had :( will take another when down to the van again and post it.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Never feel the draft from the awning when in the pub :lol: , and when its warm, sit outside until its time to sit inside the van. And we NEVER BBQ in the Awning as I saw one couple do last weekend.
Each to there own.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Well, in a moment of madness and after reading Frinton Mikes post about the dogs, thought thats a good idea, I have bought the plastic one, got fed up of the stick on one falling off.. and it will look neater.
Style is everything, but our van always looks like a tip. !!!

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
As promised a piccy of the one on my van

IMG_7758_zpse62rpd6n.jpg

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Take care, where did you pitch eventually ?. Have to go to Papworth next Friday.
Enjoy your time there.
Hutch.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
Take care, where did you pitch eventually ?. Have to go to Papworth next Friday.
Enjoy your time there.
Hutch.

Think you have got me mixed up with someone else, or you have had too many bottles tonight already (thats more likelt) :lol: :lol:

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Maybe mixed up with . WC, some body asked me months ago about sites near to Norwich, . But yes. At this time of night. :evil: . I shall be on my best behaviour at the Woosie fest.
Honest.
:eek:hmy:

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
Maybe mixed up with . WC, some body asked me months ago about sites near to Norwich, . But yes. At this time of night. :evil: . I shall be on my best behaviour at the Woosie fest.
Honest.
:eek:hmy:

Back in April I asked about tourist attractions around Norwich, but already had a CL site booked for 8 nights, so not looking for a site. You definitely have had too much plonk. :dry:

This was the thread

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts