Wheel bolts

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Perhaps the OP was wondering if there are locking nuts on a caravan that require a tool/key to get them off, like on a car. I don't think there are usually.
Mel

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Ahah, sorry.

If you are referring to an Al-Ko wheel lock, they dont have a bolt in the receiver, they have a yellow plastic cap slotted for a screwdriver. Perhaps a previous owner has lost the cap and put a standard bolt in. If its a hexhead, and socket with enough reach would do it. If its got a fancy recessed head, you would need the special tool that is UNIQUE to your own lock. These locks are registered at Al-Ko and as long as you are on the database, they would supply a replacement. If you have the full wheel lock kit, look inside it for a longish piece with a hex head at one end and a matching machined recess at the other.

The following link shows the proper alko bolt and removal tool, it may help
http://www.inglewoodleisure.co.uk/wheel-locks-and-accessories/342-al-ko-replacment-locking-bolt.html

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
Thingy said:
Ahah, sorry.

If you are referring to an Al-Ko wheel lock, they dont have a bolt in the receiver, they have a yellow plastic cap slotted for a screwdriver. Perhaps a previous owner has lost the cap and put a standard bolt in. If its a hexhead, and socket with enough reach would do it. If its got a fancy recessed head, you would need the special tool that is UNIQUE to your own lock. These locks are registered at Al-Ko and as long as you are on the database, they would supply a replacement. If you have the full wheel lock kit, look inside it for a longish piece with a hex head at one end and a matching machined recess at the other.

The following link shows the proper alko bolt and removal tool, it may help
http://www.inglewoodleisure.co.uk/wheel-locks-and-accessories/342-al-ko-replacment-locking-bolt.html

I have bought the Nemisis Ultra wheel lock

Aug 10, 2009
Visit site
When you change your stud for the nemisis one don't do what we have done and put the original somewhere safe. We had to go to our local dealers to source a replacement as ours was really safe, i suppose it will turn up one day

May 24, 2014
Visit site
You are more than welcome. This is a damn good forum and whatever the problem, except for "my wife doesnt understand me", somebody will have an answer.

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
Thingy said:
You are more than welcome. This is a damn good forum and whatever the problem, except for "my wife doesnt understand me", somebody will have an answer.

I think most on here wife's think that Maggie MOH also says I'm the original gadget man

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Make sure you keep the key to remove it in the caravan as if you have a puncture you will need this and the engineer will need it to service the caravan.

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
Raywood said:
Make sure you keep the key to remove it in the caravan

Check your insurance, as it may be like ours with CC. We have an AL-KO wheel lock for which we get a discount, however the wheel lock clause says that 'It is a condition precedent that all keys and duplicate keys relative to the wheel lock should be removed from the caravan'. :(

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts