Wheel Clamps

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We are desperately in need of a replacement for our old wheel clamp. We read the article in last month's practical caravan on wheel clamps, however this left us even more confused. The SAS Guardian is looking like the best all-round model due to the ease of installation and size, but it has no sold by design approval. Please help!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Not sure how important the Sold Safe rating is. Most clamps will quickly be defeated by an angle grinder !

If for use at service areas to deter the amateur rather than the professional go to the Screwfix website and look at theirs. Fairly cheap and fits both 13" and 14" wheels.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hiya James, I have a P.G.R clamp and hitchlock. They both look solid enough, but not being a thief, I wouldn't know how good they really are.

P.C do regular tests of security items, so a look through the backnumbers may help. As to the Sold Secure rating, it must be a good guide to security items, as the testers are using the tools and methods that a thief would use. Chopping a few thieves hands off might be the best deterrent!

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
I would assume that a lock on the stabliser would be a bigger deterent than a wheel clamp as it is a bigger hassle to remove without damaging the stabliser than a wheel clamp. We have a wheel clamp and a IDM alarm which sounds off if they enter the van or the van is tilted. Also if it is connected to a car and then the van removed the alarm will sound. However if they want your van no matter what you have it is gone!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts