When did you first do it ?

Jan 15, 2008
Visit site
Join the Caravan Club I mean (not sure what you were thinking I meant!) I have just checked and in my case it was 30th June 1978 which I find interesting because that means I had been caravanning for 3 years before joining the club.So must have only used comercial sites (can't really remember ,age thing I guess)
I have stickers for being a member for 25 and 30 years but not sure if they do one for 35 years.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The first time was June 1967 but I had some years as a non-member as I didn't have a van for that period - out of the country too much. When I rejoined I was slightly miffed that they would not give me my old membership number back as it had stuck in my mind. A 1968 issue of En Route featured a short article I wrote describing how to build your own direction indicator bulb failure alarm unit - very basic involving 12v dc relays and a current sensor consisting of a reed switch 'potted' with evostik inside a coil of single conductor copper wire. Surprisingly I had sufficient enquires to contemplate setting up a small production line but again the pressure of the day job prevented this. Might have had Mr Hella shaking in his shoes (I think not).

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
hi all,
first joined CC in 1972, year after we bought a 1968 10ft ace airsrteam, but let the membership lapse after 4years, as we were using commercial sites most of the time. the CC at that time seemed to be full of old fogeys that tutted every time the kids came out of the van to play. the sites were more expensive than commercial ones, and everything on site seemed to be regimented and run by onsite wardens that carried a rule book in their pockets,

we rejoined 4years ago mainly to take benifit of the club insurance and mayday recovery and were very supprised to find very little had changed exept that now "we are the old fogeys". a bit like that day you get up look in the mirror and think my god i'm my dad,

May 7, 2012
Visit site
We joined just under 25 years ago so I am waiting for my 25 year sticker. We were in the C&CC before that as we started with a tent. We joined the CC because they opened a site in Blackpool and the children wanted to go there. We found the CC sites better run and maintained and evenyually let our C&CC membership lapse. We have joined them again this year and booked a site to see if things have changed.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
We joined just under 25 years ago so I am waiting for my 25 year sticker. We were in the C&CC before that as we started with a tent. We joined the CC because they opened a site in Blackpool and the children wanted to go there. We found the CC sites better run and maintained and evenyually let our C&CC membership lapse. We have joined them again this year and booked a site to see if things have changed.

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Like Colin we also joined the C.C. in the late 70;s but let our membership lapse after a couple of year for the very same reason, kids were young and the oldies would watch the kids like hawks in case their balls came any where near their van. They were also expensive so we too used commercial clubs as there was more for the kids to do. We then joined the C.C.& C. club four years ago to take advantage of the 10% discount from various caravan shops but we have not yet used any of the Club sites, commercial sites are still by far cheaper and usually you can get discounts (now we are the oldies.)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts