Where are you all bound for?

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Only two planned so far this year, rest will be on spec.

Three days in Longleat and then onto New Forset for two weeks. Thats April.

Three days Exeter then on to Godrevy CC site for three weeks, thats most of July accounted for.

Anyone else down that neck of the woods?

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Not booked our main holiday so far as events outside our control have me3ssed up the planning. Will take a longer break in June but not sure where. Need also to get to South Wales to see one daughter and family but not sure when.
Life is complicated because one daughter has got engaged and taken one weekend we were going away for a party and the other is having twins in August which takes almost the entire month out. We have been away earlier this year so all is not lost.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Trying to have a cheap year , off to leyburn cl site after Easter where we usually go at finghall , a cl site in Pickering on a working farm where the kids can feed the animals may bank holiday weekend then up to another cl site working farm up at sea houses near bambrough middle off may , hopefully one or two more b4 we do St Ives for our summer holidays, no France this year as change off job and not my usuall 3 weeks accrued!! :(
Stroll on next year :)

Craig

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Craig eat your heart out, In Switzerland, for three weeks, NO Caravan though, today Lindau, south Germany, 1 hr 20 from our friends home, back to lake Zurich, through Austria, tomorrow Interlaken, home on the 6th April, Bo peep in Oxfordshire to chill out a bit before, Vermenton in July for 3 weeks, then across to Mulhouse down to Carcissone and back home early September, last week in Monteuil, fontain les Clercs, in time for the Woosie fest. What a tough life,

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
We are at present in Kidderminster for Easter, we have a weekend planned in April, then who knows as we move house some time in May/June, trying to plan some time in Europe after our move.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Yea but it will bite you one day, Too much rain today for interlaken , so went north to the Rhein falen, lovely water falls, but lunch was soooh expensive. Lovely evening 11c today.

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
First outing coming up to Cotswold View for 5 nights, weather permitting. Mat and son plus 2 friends off to Pembrey for May BH/sons birthday. % nights at Burrowhayes for Whitsun, then caravan is going to our friends farm in Cornwall for 3 weeks in July. Daughter will live in it for a week as she is going to be bridesmaid to our friend, then we'll collect her. Back to work for a week, then a week on the farm., Finally 2 weeks in Swanage in August...so far!

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
We're on our first caravan outing this year while the plumbers are working on our bathroom upgrade at home.
We're staying on a fairly new site 2 miles from Craven Arms, Shropshire. The site owners are friendly and helpful and although the site is still a work in progress the scenery is great.
The fanbelts on my towing truck broke and I had to call out the RAC but after the drama everything is fine now.
We're meeting Dustydog for a meal tomorrow night

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
Bucklegrove last weekend, Tredegar Park this weekend, Isle of Avalon next week, Petruth Paddocks the weekend after next. Nothing else planned after that, but certainly planning a bumper year of it!

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
What a great thread – and it's good to hear you're all touring far and wide. It's a sunny start to the day here at Practical Caravan HQ, so let's hope the weekend brings more of the same – have fun!

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Thingy, don't know when you were last at Longleat but I think they've stopped the old passport ticket which was great for staying on site.

We're set up at Boynton on a CL until the end of the Easter hols. Nothing booked for May. July/August two weeks on a CS at Osmington then back to Boynton for nearly 4 weeks. Rest of the year still to plan.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
At Wheathill Shropshire for second time this year.A few weeks new Padstow then four weeks North West Highlands followed by the King's Woosiefest Pickering ☺
Had a most enjoyable meal with Parksy and Carole at the Punchbowl last night.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi Martin, thanks for that info. However, I am not intending using the Safari park, we find longleat handy for Bath where we will be spending most of our Longleat time. Then its off for a New Forest Spring and loads of walking in the forest. We have always done the Forest in Autumn previously so spring should be a nice change.

Note to self. Take own beer, the local brews are horrendous.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Dustydog said:
At Wheathill Shropshire for second time this year. A few weeks new Padstow then four weeks North West Highlands followed by the King's Woosiefest Pickering ☺
Had a most enjoyable meal with Parksy and Carole at the Punchbowl last night.
The Punchbowl certainly did us proud, such generous helpings of the most succulent beef and pork, Carole and myself will definitely be paying a return visit in the near future and we hope to share another meal next time you're at Wheathill Alan . :)
We're off to St Ives early in May for just over a fortnight, we've booked into Polmanter and later in the year apart from random long weekends we've booked our 14th consecutive visit to the Twinwood Festival before we join the Woosies at Pickering and Unity in Brean in October.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Been to Cornwall 4 times this year already albeit just weekends and Easter, not bad for the working class :p
Where are we off to next.........................Umm Cornwall in two weeks time
Then we are off to .................Umm Cornwall for the May bank hols
Will spend a couple of weekend's per month up to August in ....................Umm Cornwall
Then in August we are planning to spend a week in................Umm Cornwall
Then back down to ..........Umm Cornwall first weekend in September to bring van back for service.
Then we are hoping and hoping we can spend two whole weeks in Yorkshire attending the Woosiefest.
Then end of October and rest of the year back to ..............Umm Cornwall.
Loving it at the moment but may get bored of ......Umm Cornwall so may find another pitch for next year somewhere else.
Now if we were RETIRED then it would be a whole different story.

Happy vanning Folks.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Martin, we will be on the CC Centenary site at Bransgore. Been a few times, great site. Handy for quite a few attractions too,

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
We are away in her soon for the weekend using her as a base/digs.
Booked in at Orpington in may for the run and two weeks at Acorns in Tiverton again in June

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
trying out lake maggoire this year for 8 days then return caravan to storage ,then over to the valle of Aosta for a week before zig zagging home via 3 nights in Triberg ..

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Spending our main holiday in the UK this summer, the first we haven't ventured over the Channel in 16 years, this is due to various circumstances at home.

Going to Ross Park in Devon for two weeks then stopping off at the CC site in Southport for a week on the way back up home. In the 15 years or so before we started taking the caravan to France we used to spend almost every summer break in either Cornwall, Devon or Somerset, looking for all that sunshine others used to talk about. Never saw it once, so anyone heading to the West Country this summer - sorry, it's not really our fault but it always rains and blows a gale when we are there!
First visit to Ross Park, it gets good reviews so hope it lives up to the hype. Been to Southport a few times but not since the site was upgraded and enlarged.

Not been away so far this year which is unusual, and nothing planned between now and our main break which is even more unusual. Again due to a variety of things going on at home, nothing major or serious just enough to upset the normal routine of things.
Anyone here been to Ross Park?
Rob

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Robtel said:
Spending our main holiday in the UK this summer, the first we haven't ventured over the Channel in 16 years, this is due to various circumstances at home.

Going to Ross Park in Devon for two weeks then stopping off at the CC site in Southport for a week on the way back up home. In the 15 years or so before we started taking the caravan to France we used to spend almost every summer break in either Cornwall, Devon or Somerset, looking for all that sunshine others used to talk about. Never saw it once, so anyone heading to the West Country this summer - sorry, it's not really our fault but it always rains and blows a gale when we are there!
First visit to Ross Park, it gets good reviews so hope it lives up to the hype. Been to Southport a few times but not since the site was upgraded and enlarged.

Not been away so far this year which is unusual, and nothing planned between now and our main break which is even more unusual. Again due to a variety of things going on at home, nothing major or serious just enough to upset the normal routine of things.
Anyone here been to Ross Park?
Rob

Hi Rob, haven't been to Ross Park, they wouldn't let me in :(
About 5 years ago I wanted to try my new (to me) van out they wouldn't believe me you could get a 7.95m van on a single axle!!! They told me it was twin axle!!!!
Have to agree about the reviews though they are good, think they even assist you on to the pitch.

Any way I divulge, if you want to know anything about the area please feel free to ask I live about 3 miles from there and pass it on my way home from work every day, think the access drive is a bit steep but dont think it will cause you a problem as others go in and out all the time.
Loads to do in the area from Paignton Zoo, River Dart cruises,Greenway National trust, Collaton Fishacre National trust, You can even do a Bus, Steam Train( where you can stop off and walk to Agatha christie's house) and river Cruise with the same company, Dartmoor up the road for walks and views and off course the seaside locations. Exeter and Plymouth for the OH to do her shopping!!!
Have a good time and enjoy the area,

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Gagakev said:
if you want to know anything about the area please feel free to ask I live about 3 miles from there and pass it on my way home from work every day, think the access drive is a bit steep but dont think it will cause you a problem as others go in and out all the time.

You're just the man I'm looking for. What is the best route towing after coming off the M5? Received conflicting advice about either taking the A380 to Newton Abbott or the A38 and coming off at the Trago Mills junction and head down to Newton Abbott that way. End up on the 381 either way. We will be travelling down overnight on a Friday evening due to wife's work commitments, the site have kindly agreed to accommodate our arrival at between 7 & 8 am when they open their gates, going to stick us in a corner out the way of things until our pitch is ready. Thanks
Rob

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts