Where are you all bound for?

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
Well, so far Mrs Keith and I have been to Hertford in February for a weekend to catch up with son and partner, Dears Mead in Norfolk for a weekend two weeks ago, we have a weekend at Eye Kettleby Lakes near Melton Mowbray booked and our main holiday is at East Fleet Farm in June.

We need to book a few more in too to make use of my long weekends off work!! :cheer:

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi Keefanmaxx, what did you think of Eye Kettleby lakes - I was looking at maybe going there for a long weekend so the hubbie can go fishing and be interested to know your thoughts on it.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi , we've just getting back from our long weekend in Yorkshire on our regular CL site and what a wet weekend ! I got onto my plot no bother but some people were getting stuck with the caravans and unable to pull out ! Even the 4x4s couldn't get out ! 3 maybe 4 had to be pulled out by the farmers JCB tractor ! I usually wash ours on site but not this time !! :(
Still , it was nice to get away , up at Pickering at Marfitt Farm beginning off may bank hol on another cl site so hope rain stays away !! :unsure:

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
Lynnybobs said:
Hi Keefanmaxx, what did you think of Eye Kettleby lakes - I was looking at maybe going there for a long weekend so the hubbie can go fishing and be interested to know your thoughts on it.

We loved it Lynnybobs. It's really peaceful and relaxing!! We thoroughly enjoyed it and they do a great breakfast in the bar! The fishing is good - 7 lakes!
Melton Mowbray is nice to have a wander round and you can't not go in Ye Olde Porke Pie Shoppe!

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Robtel said:
Gagakev said:
if you want to know anything about the area please feel free to ask I live about 3 miles from there and pass it on my way home from work every day, think the access drive is a bit steep but dont think it will cause you a problem as others go in and out all the time.

You're just the man I'm looking for. What is the best route towing after coming off the M5? Received conflicting advice about either taking the A380 to Newton Abbott or the A38 and coming off at the Trago Mills junction and head down to Newton Abbott that way. End up on the 381 either way. We will be travelling down overnight on a Friday evening due to wife's work commitments, the site have kindly agreed to accommodate our arrival at between 7 & 8 am when they open their gates, going to stick us in a corner out the way of things until our pitch is ready. Thanks
Rob

Hi Rob, not much difference between the two but at that hour I would probably take the A380 into Newton Abbot and then the A381 to Totnes. Leave the A380 at the Penn Inn roundabout signposted Newton abbot + Kingskerswell, lights on roundabout, pass McDonalds on left and keep in left lane, more lights,then keep going.Pass Ye olde Cider Bar on right, onto Asda, more lights and stay in left lane, then you are on the A381 to Totnes, stay on that road passing Denbury diesels on left, Fermoys garden centre on right and when you see the Texaco garage on left you will turn right to Ross Park.
I mainly use the A382 out to Trago and the A38 as I am that side of town, so both roads will accommodate towing.
Hope this helps and enjoy.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Thingy said:
And lets not forget that breakfast to be had at Fermoys!!

:cheer:

On the other hand...yes lets do forget it :(

Think the one I had about three years ago must have been cooked by a trainee chef :(

but to be fair it still has a good following :huh:

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Aye, a good following it has. We use Dornafield a lot and sometimes it seems as if the whole site is in there, including staff.

Mind you, you could also say the same for The Two Mile Oak. Nice to see a Bass pub in the land of the heathen.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Just booked up for 5 nights after the May bank holiday, at Rutland Caravan and Camping. (not the Club) at Greatham, 4th till 9th, anyone else there?

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi Hutch. We went there in May 2013 just as the weather turned from dreadful to wonderful. They hadn't built the lodges/pool then. We found it to be an excellent site - flat, tidy and clean with friendly staff. They sell their own chickens eggs in the shop - double yolkers! Nice countryside roundabout, and a path from the rear of the site into Greatham itself. 3 pubs (one a curry house). You're not far from Rutland water, which has great on and off-water activities. Melton Mowbray is woerth a visit on livestock market day. If you see my dad, who lives there - say Hi!!
Take a trip to my home city of Leicester for 2 reasons - 1) Richard iii exhibition and surrounding area of St. Martins: 2)why I left!!!
Have a great time.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Thanks DC, I love the village, great pubs, only an hour and a half tow away from RMK. Meeting up with freind from Manchester, they are still finishing the new shower block, a bit behind but still a great site.

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
Have booked 3 nights at CC site at Pandy (2nd week in May) as the first trip this year to check out van after its repairs and service. I plan to do some hill walking and the OH will stay at home.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Found out this week, that a favorite or ours, Bo Peep in Adderbury , near to Banbury will close to Tourers at the end of this year, don't know if it is going fully static, its a real shame, hopefully it might be a red herring to get more folk in. If they had a heated pool it would be a fantastic site.

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
Found out this week, that a favorite or ours, Bo Peep in Adderbury , near to Banbury will close to Tourers at the end of this year, don't know if it is going fully static, its a real shame, hopefully it might be a red herring to get more folk in. If they had a heated pool it would be a fantastic site.

Used Bo Peep often, always as an overnight stop on the way to or from the channel crossings. Really liked the site and if it was any located closer to home would have used it a lot more. Had a look on their website where they confirm that they are closing to tourers but remaining open for rallies. Great site for dog owners, also very handy for the motorway if you were travelling north or south.
Not good news regarding its closure, wonder why it's closing.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I wil go there soon and find out, the closest pub has changed hands and is great, reslly family anf dog friendly, . I will miss the site. 4 miles of dog off lead walks with a stream if they want to swim. And the dogs as well.

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Thingy, we are a little further south on our friends farm at Embla. Its a little tricky to get to, but wonderful facilities: pool, open countryside, private loo and washroom, great company and its freeeeeee!
We're leaving van and daughter there in mid July as shes a bridesmaid to our friend, then we pick her up, so thats 2 weekends away, then go back for the van when my school finishes end of July, and have a week before bringing the van back home!

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Its near Towednack. You get to it from Crowlas, thru Ludgvan, into Nancledra, then Georgia. Its right in the middle of nowhere, with its own tumulus, from where you can see St.Ives and Penzance, and on a really clear day, the Scillies. There is a footpath called The Badger Track running through the land.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts