where are you off to this summer?

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Dec 19, 2006
Visit site
Were also off to El Delfin. Arrive Aug 13th for 15 nights. My parents took us there most summers when I was growing up but this is the first time I've taken my family. My daughter (7) and son (4) can't wait... neither can I.. :)

Steve
Stephen

As you will arrive the day before we do, will you put a Union Flag or towell out to reserve 2 ajoining pitches Please

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
We're not sure yet, we have a ferry booked for early June, and will decide what route we fancy whilst on the ferry, we'll then just 'set off south'. We'll stay the first night somewhere near where-ever we end up when we're tired of driving, and buy a newspaper. We'll look at where the weather is - and head in the direction of the sun. This may take us down to Spain, or over to Italy! If it's good weather where-ever we are on the first night we may stay there! We set off one year for Italy and discovered the whole of northern Italy had ferocious thunderstorms, so we turned 'right' and went to Spain instead, staying on the Costa Brave for ten days, then back through France - fantastic weather all the way.

One year we stopped 'overnight' in the Ardeche, and ended up staying for two weeks. That's the beauty of caravanning in early season in France - go as you please and follow the sun. You couldn't do that here - so we've booked for Easter in Abersoch!

However, this might be changed because we're thinking of buying somewhere in France - so we may just spend some time house hunting during the holiday.

Feb 2, 2007
Visit site
Hi Paul

Read your message in the forum. I'm off to France in June and I too have a long trip to Dover, nearly 500 miles.

Can you give me any details of the foarm near Dover?

I got the Norfolk line deal -

Mar 11, 2007
Visit site
We've booked all the major school breaks now:

Easter = 8 nights in the Lake District, Castlerigg

May Bank Holiday = 3 nights in Cornwal, Trewethett Farm

Whitsun = 8 nights in Cornwall, Merrose Farm

August = 16 nights in Southern Ireland, Glen of Aherlow, Eagles Point and River Valley

Will try some other short breaks as well, but nothing firmed up.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
18th May Belfast-Birkenhead,then Hull Zeebrugge, 1st war battlefields - Lux-Germany-Austria-Slovenia-Croatia-N.Italy-France-GB-Belfast on 10 July. Sept/Oct We hope to go to France -Inland Spain-Portugal,Coastal Spain-France-Ireland, but nothing booked yet for this trip.

Feb 2, 2007
Visit site
Charles, I only live 100 miles from Dover, but with a check in of 7.15am, i didn,t fancy the extra early start and 400+ miles once i get to France, Blackhorse farm is a Caravan Club site which caters apparently for early starters, the time you wish to leave determines where your pitch is.

Try a search on the internet, believe it is somewhere near Folkestone, roughly 1/2 hour driving time from the port.

Regards Paul.
Thanks, Paul

My ferry sails at 2am, so I'll probably settle for a quick 40 winks on the way down.

Enjoy your holiday,

Regards,

Charles

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts