where should we go for our 1st trip?

Mar 7, 2006
Visit site
hey all.

hopefully this time next week should be proud owner of caravan.

planning lots of trips and weekends away already....in your valuable opinions where should we go for our 1st ever trip...bearing in mind we dont want to venture to far afield.

we live in Devon, I was thinking New Forest??

its just us and the dog and we enjoy, peace, quiet, tranquility, natural forest setting with walks on the doorstep.

any suggestions appreciated. cant wait!

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
how far is not far?. what about dorset?. we bought our 1st van in oct been away twice.going for 4 days on the 10th april just an hour away to the cotswolds, broadway cc site, beautiful and quiet.

have you joined the caravan club site yet?

thanks

jo-anne

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Sarah,

Our friends go to

www.wareham-forest.co.uk

Dorset on a regular basis and say it is very nice.

We've never been so can't comment.

Where are you in Devon? We have friends in Ottery St.Mary,and are going to South Hams in Sept.

Mar 7, 2006
Visit site
thanks maureen - i have spotted wareham forest - like the "forest" aspect but dunno whether a bit too commercial for us?? (pool/shop/takeaway)...looking for something low key.

im in small village near Tiverton, not that far from Ottery, I work at Exeter Airport and lots of colleagues come from Ottery.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Try Pear Tree Farm site at Sandford near Wareham. Nice quiet site with spotless toilet/shower facilities. Village pub about 10min. walk away for good food. Excellent dog walk as on edge of Wareham forest. Not far into Wareham with beautiful riverside walks - as far as Poole harbour if you so wish. Overall very nice area and central for Poole, Wareham, Dorchester, Swanage and Bournmouth if you so wish.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
thanks maureen - i have spotted wareham forest - like the "forest" aspect but dunno whether a bit too commercial for us?? (pool/shop/takeaway)...looking for something low key.

im in small village near Tiverton, not that far from Ottery, I work at Exeter Airport and lots of colleagues come from Ottery.
My daughter and family are also holidaying in Devon in June.As it is such a long drive with very small children from Glasgow, they are flying into Exeter with Fly Be.com and then picking up a hire car.Only an hour in the air,so a lot less stress for everyone.

Mar 7, 2006
Visit site
My daughter and family are also holidaying in Devon in June.As it is such a long drive with very small children from Glasgow, they are flying into Exeter with Fly Be.com and then picking up a hire car.Only an hour in the air,so a lot less stress for everyone.
maureen - i work for flybe!...hope they have a pleasant flight!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Try Pear Tree Farm site at Sandford near Wareham. Nice quiet site with spotless toilet/shower facilities. Village pub about 10min. walk away for good food. Excellent dog walk as on edge of Wareham forest. Not far into Wareham with beautiful riverside walks - as far as Poole harbour if you so wish. Overall very nice area and central for Poole, Wareham, Dorchester, Swanage and Bournmouth if you so wish.
They haven't a web page as yet but if you wish to phone for a brochure and tariff the number is (01202) 622434

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
thanks colin. i am noting all these recommendations, think we are gonna be spoilt for choice.
As you live in Devon and it is your first trip my wife and I frequently visit Widend caravan site at Marldon - central for Torquay, Paignton and Totnes. It is a very clean family run site and is definately not "hi de hi". There is a small bar and outdoor swimming pool but it a quiet family site - never known any problem in the many years we have been back and fore there. Excellent dog walk - as far as you wish to go. (Downside yes - most of the site personnel are retired Welsh - only joking as they are very helpful and friendly)

May 25, 2005
Visit site
Hi Sarah

For your very first outing in the caravan I would suggest you opt for a local site (say 20-30 miles away). If there is anything seriously wrong with the van you can return home with relevant ease.

If you decide to go on a CC site (and you are not currently a member) I believe that you can join on that site.

Good luck and have a great weekend.

Ann

Dec 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi. If you have joined the Caravan club then try Hunters Moon at Wareham. Dorset. Not as commercial as Wareham forest and up to normal CC standard.Very nice site with small dog walk.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts