Where's the best place online to sell a second-hand caravan?

Oct 27, 2022
Visit site
My Mum is selling her used caravan privately. What's the best place online to do this please?
I know you can do it through Auto Trader but are there any others which come recommended?
Thank you.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I tried the CMHC site and it drew minimal interest. I then submitted the cheapest option on Autotrader and within minutes I had two purchasing agents offering not that bad a price. Both could pay by BACS snd would collect that day or early the next. I decided to wait for private buyers response. Within two hours of the ad appearing a private buyer was here to see the caravan and had transferred £500 deposit. Two days or so later off went the caravan after the balance had been paid.

I had all documents, full service records, good photographs and a very recent good AWS damp survey. Plus all systems were available to demonstrate as the van was powered up. I gave the buyer free time to look over it.

Last edited:
Reactions: VickyM

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
There are shed loads on Facebook. Don’t know what sort of traction they get but it is a popular place.
Good luck
Mel

Oct 3, 2022
Visit site
I listed my 'van on caravansforsale.co.uk and Autotrader, it sold very quickly on Autotrader but not much response from the other site. I got a good sale for a 20 year old caravan. The secret to avoid endless viewings is absolute honesty, lots of pictures of everything. The chap who bought mine only viewed it for about 5 minutes as he had got the gist of it from the advert.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts