Which 4x4 ?

Apr 24, 2005
Visit site
I currently tow with a Mk2 Mondeo TD estate and would like to upgrade my caravan. This may mean i will also have to change my car. Therefore my budget may be limited to around £3500. I have been thinking of a Disco Or Maverick/ Terrano. Can anybody recommend any 4x4 for around this price?

Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
ive got a 2.7 td terrano that im currently selling , its M regd , lwb 7 seater , all the tow gear fitted , MOT til next march , just had new brakes and a radiator , it will tow anything anywhere, i will take

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Tony

I've had the same spec Terrano that Jon is selling since new in 1995. We find it to be a great towcar and a family estate. It'll sit all day at 60 while towing our 5 birth Sterling and we haven't had a twitch out of it yet. You know that you're not going to get stuck on a wet pitch as well.

My wife actually finds it easier to drive than our Vauxhall Corsa. I'd certainly have another one.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I am towing a Bailey Ranger 500/5 with a 1998 Daihatsu Fourtrack. I find the 4x4 tows a treat and no problems at 60mph on motorways. Quite economical for towing - averages 30mpg. Downside is that it is only three doors and a tad noisier inside than more modern vehicles although once on the move the noise is by no means unbearable, it is possible to have a normal conversation and my wife often nods off if we are travelling overnight. Price wise there should be many in your price range. Be carefull as they were very popular with the farming fraternity and may have had a hard life.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts