Which Breakdown Cover?

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
May 27, 2005
Visit site
I Have RAC Arrival via C&CC and can not fault them, a couple of years ago i lost the van from the car on the M4 between J12 & J13, car and caravan was moved to hard shoulder by fellow motorist and myself. RAC Called, and van recovered to my home but could have continued on hol and been collected at end of hol. We left home later thaTt day with a new hitch, etc repaced by local caravan dealer. RAC for me any day.

Aug 29, 2006
Visit site
I have had this head scratching time in the past trying to get cover for my 7.9m twin axle. I subsequently discovered that the maximum permissable length that applies to all trailer caravans of a maximum laden weight not exceeding 3500kg cannot exceed 7m (excluding the drawbar and coupling). This i believe is where the recovery companies get the figure of 7m and this will be my argument if challenged, because in the eyes of the law I can't legally tow anything any longer.

Tim

Sep 12, 2009
Visit site
I actually drive a recovery truck although part time

I would suggest going for one of the big 3 (rac,aa,greenflag)not once have i had to query the shipping length when going to recover a car and van,i have recovered plenty of combinations though the CC (comes to us from greenflag) and they really seem to push the boat out when it comes to there customers so CC is highly recommended from me and i am not even a member!

May 25, 2010
Visit site
We are off to France shortly with our twin axle 8.1m caravan and are really struggling to find someone who promises to recover both car and caravan if we breakdown. The 7m trailer restriction seems to apply to most breakdown policies, but we've been given a glimmer of hope with Brittania who seem to be the only people able to offer assistance for 8m trailers.

Just waiting to speak to them for confirmation that they can offer that service in France, or if it's just in the UK. Does anyone know if there's another company out there who will offer Repatriation to the UK if the car was irreparable?

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
I was with the AA for the last 8 years, i have never used them so cant comment on how good they were.

However i had a offer from the green flag offing premium cover for

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts