Which Caravan Membership Club is better to join?

Aug 5, 2023
Visit site
We are presently in a discussion which Club is better to join, or are both possibly the same?

1. Caravan and Motorhome Club
2. Camping and Caravanning Club

Any recommendations or preference to one?

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I think many of joined both initially and hen after a year dedice which one suits them best and continue the membership with that one. We hardly ever use the proper sites preferring the small 5 van sites. I think the last time we used CAMC site was at Ronkswood prior to travelling to the continent and that was way back in 2018.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We are with both, CAMC for van insurance, last year was CCC
CCC for breakdown recovery, stayed with these as cheaper than CAMC this year.
check both each year and can normally save enough or near abouts from one to pay for the other membership.
We always used one or the other club for caravan insurance depending on the price quoted and used Mayday for breakdown cover, but always opted for CMHC Red Pennant cover when travelling abroad. My general philosophy being that when poo hits the fan you need an insurer and travel, or breakdown agency that efficiently helps to sort out your problem.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
We always used one or the other club for caravan insurance depending on the price quoted and used Mayday for breakdown cover, but always opted for CMHC Red Pennant cover when travelling abroad. My general philosophy being that when poo hits the fan you need an insurer and travel, or breakdown agency that efficiently helps to sort out your problem.
We have never ventured abroad with the caravan OC, so never needed the red pennant part. but never say never.

TRENDING THREADS