Which caravans are worst for damp?

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I love our caravan; Elddis; simply could not would not want to buy a European made caravan. We loved our Bailey and our Avondale before that; we have no issues with build quality and of course there are lots of fault with the kit they have inside; namely European brands of fridge, heating etc etc. all of which are in European made caravans , often as extras. Increasingly in spite of all of the parts, assembly in the UK supports UK workers and industry and I like to do that if I can.
Same here with my 2013 Coachman, once you get a good caravan keep it. Looked at new Coachman vans two days ago. 45k, not a chance of me buying one of those, stick to my 560.

Reactions: Dustydog
May 7, 2012
Visit site
The problem with European caravans is generally weight. Most simply are too heavy for many cars and I think it is this weight that makes them seem better built. Those that are competitive with UK models do not seem to be any better to me.

Reactions: ProfJohnL
May 12, 2019
Visit site
Went to a Caravan Site the other day where they also sell Mobile Homes, as I went into the office there was a pair if de-humidifiers in reception, when I came out a few minutes later they had been removed from site.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Went to a Caravan Site the other day where they also sell Mobile Homes, as I went into the office there was a pair if de-humidifiers in reception, when I came out a few minutes later they had been removed from site.
Makes you think the company were trying to dry out a van or motor home before a sale ???

Reactions: Buckman

TRENDING THREADS