which club is best?

May 21, 2008
Visit site
We are seriously considering full time touring in our van, at least for the next 9 months.

My job entails me lodging away from home (Leominster, Herefordshire.) a lot. So there is little point in running a house and paying out £25 a night lodging fees.

Because my line of work is in the agricultural sector, I would be most interested in 5 van sites, but I do need to have an electric hookup as I use a CPAP pump at night for my "adult sleep apnea".

So now to the crunch questions.

1/

Of the Caravan club or the Camping and Caravan club, who has the most sites available in and around Leominster (say within 10 miles)

2/

Nationally which club has the best availability of sites.

3/

I was a caravan club member twenty years ago and found them a little "over bearing with regulations and a little over friendly". Have they mellowed these days.

While I agree that there needs to be rules so that people know the boundries of expectation of conduct and respect so that everyone has a good time. Having to lay your hook up lead paralelle to the van and turn at 90 degrees to go to power points and not being to hang clothes to dry and air, is a little to regimented for me.

Everyones thoughts are much appreciated. Many thanks Steve.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Basically the Caravan Club has twice as many club sites and twice as many CL/CS 5-van sites as the Caravan & Camping Club.

About 60% of CC CLs have electric hook-ups.

Can't speak for C&CC - been a member of CC for 25 years but never noticed rules about cable layout or discrete washing.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi To answer your question specifically, CC have 13 CL's & 1 Club site within 10 miles & C&CC have 10 CS's.

If you have Autoroute look on www.jollyinteresting.co.uk and you can see what is available as this gentleman has listed all the sites. It is a little out of date but gives you the idea.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts