which club?

Dec 1, 2005
Visit site
Hi Peter

First off - Welcome to the warm world of caravanning!

We started off our caravanning life joining the Camping and Caravanning Club then we joined the Caravan Club.

I personally think the Caravan Club is way better than the CCC, but each to their own. The Caravan Club you can pay on arrival, where the CCC I believe you have to pay a deposit, and the Caravan Club sites are cleaner and the wardens are much more friendlier and helpful.

I would recommend the Caravan Club every time.

You watch the arguments start from here now :)

Lolly x

Aug 6, 2007
Visit site
hi lolly thanks for the warm welcome.We have been looking at both clubs books and find it very hard to choose,the cc seem to have more sites and they appear to be of avery high standard thanks peter

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi Peter we were with both the clubs when we fist started but the second year we when with the Caravan Club and we have stop with them.

We were happy with the sever from them both but we just went with the one that we throat was best for use but I would go for the C,C every time now as in the past I hard bad rey port about the C,C,C.

Mark

Aug 13, 2007
Visit site
Hi Peter welcome,

I am amember of the C.C. Each year we get our membership money back on the ferry savings alone.

You might also like to try a weekend rally with which ever club you decide on. You will soon make lots of new freinds that will love to help you get started.

Best of luck & safe towing.

Graham.W.

Mar 27, 2007
Visit site
hi peter we had our first caravan in 1984 and joined the C.C. which was very good and the site well managed,we changed to a motor home and were not made welcome at the C.C thats when we changed to the C.&C.C.which we find very friendly enjoy the local D.A rallies and winter sun rallies in spain,france and portugal. We will be going to the NFOL meet at exeter in 2 weeks time .It depends what you want from the club and all our tastes are different.Which ever club you choose enjoy your caravan its a wonderfull way of making new freinds and enjoying youself happy vanning peter h

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
We have been members of the C.C & C.C.C for many years now. The C.C. on the wholw seems much more formal and rule driven where the C.C.C always appears much more friendly.

We rally a lot and one big advantage with the C.C.C is that you don't have to book into the majority of their rallies so can decide on the Friday whether to go or not. The C.C centres insist on prior booking and a

Apr 21, 2007
Visit site
hi Peter, why dont you try a few nights away and go to a cc for a couple of nights and then a ccc site both clubs take non members and it will give you a taste of both clubs and an extra break away.

enjoy yourself its what its all about

Jun 22, 2007
Visit site
We are members of both clubs, and find the best of both clubs, we manage to pay for the yearly fees with the savings from both clubs, just like verything else in the world, if you shop around you get the best, and being with both we get the best, and don't have to settle for second best, we have friends in both clubs so when they call to go camping we can have the correct card ready.

Aug 12, 2005
Visit site
Hi Peter

I hope you enjoy your caravanning as much as we do. We joined the CC first then the C&CC about a year later as we wanted to visit Loch Lomond and they have two sites there, Luss and Millarochy Bay. The shower and toilet blocks in the CC are better in my experience but the site fees tend to be higher. My

husband qualifies for the over 55 discount in the C&CC and this can make a difference, as much as

May 21, 2007
Visit site
Hi Peter,

When we first started caravanning we had 3 young kids and joined the ccc.We enjoyed our time with them.However when the kids grew up we found the cc was more suited to our needs.Now the kids want to come with us again(in their own tents) we are thinking of joining the ccc again.

We will probably join both and have the best of both worlds.Whatever you decide enjoy your time,safe towing,and welcome to the forum.We are a friendly lot.

Dec 8, 2007
Visit site
Hi Peter,

One would normally pay on the Sunday morning, deposits are only for big booked meets/rallies like the Folk Group Christmas Rally we are attending at Bromsgrove.

Happy Christmas

Margaret W.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts