Which motorhome fits this description?

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this topic or should it be in 'General'?
I am looking for a motorhome with the following statistics:
1) Maximum length 6mtr.
2) Permanently made up double bed which doesn't use floor space in the day. I.e. therefore it is either a drop down bed or a fold-up-against-a-wall bed.
3) If it is a drop down bed it must be accessible without using a ladder.
4) Lounge with views out of decent sized windows - probably rear.
Can anyone tell me a make and model, new or used, which has these statistics?
I have a Trigano 100, 2003 which nearly fits the bill but fancy a bigger sitting area. I do not count front swivelling seats as a sitting area, other than where to temporarily park short term visitors.

I find to my dismay that the majority of advertisers, both trade and private do not mention the length when they are rabbiting on about the colour of the cloth, rear loudspeakers, a gas cupboard and so on. Am I odd in wanting a sub-6 metre van? By what I overhear at shows, I am not. So why are vendors ashamed of what they are selling?

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Hi "gasgas," and welcome!
Sub-6m, permanently made-up bed, decent lounge which doesn't include the cab seats ....
I hope I'm wrong, but I've got a suspicion that those requirements might be mutually exclusive - other than in the Tardis! You can probably have any two of them fairly easily, but all three is a bit of a challenge.
For instance, some of the compact coachbuilts from the likes of Chausson are under 6m, and have a drop-down bed over a comfortable lounge, but the lounge does include the swivelled cab seats.
A separate (rear) lounge will almost certainly mean EITHER making the bed up from it each night (because the kitchen will then be amidships, making a drop-down bed very tricky) , OR going above the 6m mark.
Motorhomes are always about compromises, and we all have different priorities. I wish you well in your search for one which ticks ALL your boxes, but you might find you have to decide which are essential and which you can live without.
But I certainly agree with you that anyone selling a motorhome (new or used, private or "trade") needs to be up front about its dimensions - apart from anything else, it has to fit whatever space the buyer has available at home!
Btw, Since you're clearly genuine, I've "upgraded" you so you don't need to copy the squiggly letters anymore.

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi Gasgas Once you identify a model, dimensions will be available on the manufacturers' sales literature or website.
To have a rear lounge but with a fixed bed & under 6m, you will have to concentrate on models with a drop down bed over the cab area, as Tony says. A conventional coachbuilt with the Luton bed all require a ladder.
There are a few Low profile coachbuilt models with this feature, (Burstner Ixeos & Adria Matrix come to mind) there is also the "A" Class option (Pilote Adventura G600 maybe a possible) The only PVC that I can think of is La Strada. Good hunting

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
You can directly consult with any motor home dealer and get the right motorhome according to your exact need, And also you can come to know waht you want and what other things are avilable with motorhome. No vender disclose ,waht they have they always pefer personal meeting and presentation.All the best

May 30, 2014
Visit site
5 things you should know before availing the RV. I got these points from the RV Dealers in Mesa AZ.
1. Don't look for big RV
2. Avoid heavy slides
3. Drive slowly with enjoyment
4. Avoid big mounted satellites
5. List all the public places to park the RV neatly.
(MODS NOTE: D'you know what? I'm going to leave this here - complete with link! Although its relevance to the OP is dubious (I don't think they do sub-6m in Arizona!) it might be of some interest to other motorhomers considering emigration or a long USA tour. If anyone's REALLY upset by it, feel free to say so. TJ)

TRENDING THREADS