Which mover?

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
Hi all,
Could you please give a rookie some advice. I bought a new Bailey Olympus 525 last year and am about to move house where I will have to put the van on the drive nose first. This means I need a mover. Can anyone recommend one to include fitting? The van is being serviced at M&M in Haverhill this week who fit a Enduro Mover EM 4444 (purpleline) for £749. I've also found these http://www.riverswayleisure.co.uk/acatalog/Caravan-Movers.html?gclid=CJeWg9fUjakCFUEb4QodPGjjkg.
Thank you (0:

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Got to agree with Damien. Powrtouch used to offer a price match deal, don't know if they still do but worth giving them a phone to see.

Robert

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The Powrtouch price match takes account of their longer warranty period. The price offered seems to be that of the cheaper unit you have found plus the cost of increasing the warranty of that unit from whatever it is to 5 years. This figure is usually towards £100 - although some other movers do not offer any such extension.
Personally it's no contest - I've had two movers from Powrtouch in the last 10 years and have received excellent service each time. The only criticism I have is that if the mover has to be fitted behind the caravan axle (which apparantly is in about 20% at least with the HD version) then the motor units get all the water washed up from the wheels in rain and are not totally waterproof if not installed very carefully with some added protection. This problem will be the same for most other movers too as they nearly all use similar if not identical motors. Al-Ko may be the exception but very expensive. Unfortunately, if you do get a motor full of water and have to replace it, you have to buy a complete motor and right-angle drive unit - cannot get just the motor.

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi the only mover I've ever had is a power touch, this is because I had first and only one a couple of years ago and still got the van, I phoned power touch and asked about reconditioned models, I got the heavy duty with cross actuator thrown in for £600, instead of 5 yr guarantee I got 3, that included fitting at my home, even the fitter who came to do it said he couldn't see any difference in the one I had been sold and a new one, can't fault the mover at all, best money I've ever spent on the caravan.

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I would agree Powertouch. I bought our first one in 2000 and used it on two vans until we changed vans last year when our dealer fitted a new Powertouch on our new Bailey. Our dealer said he would only recommend Powertouch because of their brilliant 5 year guarantee. About 18 months after we purchased our first Powertouch the control box failed. I telephoned Powertouch and they diagnosed the problem over the phone and put a new contol box in the post. The box arrived and two days later an engineer called to fit it. Great service and no other problems since.

Henry B

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts