Which Mover?

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
After doing extensive research on the web regarding movers, I am still confused to hell with, power outputs, prices,weight, auto, non autos, British made and Non British made!!! If anyone wants my advice on movers,it's this, dont look too hard or you'll be as confused as I am. However, the good news is I am very interesed in the E-go mover. Any comments?

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Bought my mover from Towsure, They supply them at a price for D.I.Y. or extra for a fitter to fit it, so far so good. Have a look at thire on line caterlog.

Apr 9, 2006
Visit site
As far as we're concerned there is only one motor mover to consider and that's one by Powrtouch. Their technical team will give advice as to which model you will need for your caravan and will answer any questions you have. Ours was fitted on our driveway by one of their engineers, who wouldn't leave until we were completely happy with using it. We choose to have one with an automatic actuator. The mover is the best bit of kit we've bought for the caravan and we wish we'd got one years ago. You can take the caravan to the car for hooking up and use the mover for siting the van when you get to a site. Getting it in and out of our storage area and putting it on the drive is a doodle too. Their after sales is second to none as well.

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Meals,

I cant wait to press those buttons and forget all the times I have had to back a tandem axle van into a slot in storage- sometimes straight in and you think to yourself how did I do that and other times an absolute B-----d to do. Especially one night having driven from Scotland, dark, snow on the ground and the temperature around -10! I will look again at powrtouch. my life will change and the rows with the trouble and strife about not being clear enough with her directions will cease! Marvellous!

Mar 2, 2007
Visit site
Merve, I bought a Powrtouch Model 3 Heavy Duty with the automatic actuater four years ago and it is the best bit of kit I have bought for the van in 30 years of caravanning. Apart from the advantages mentioned in earlier posts, it is ideal for lining up the wheel for fitting the Alko wheel lock - you can move the van to within a millimetre of where you want it. As one who has been getting his pension for the last ten years, thanks to Powrtouch, my days of having to push and haul a caravan around are over.
Henry.

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
My only experience of motor movers is very limited but for what it is worth I will give you my advice.
about 3 years ago we got another van after a lay off of 5 years.
We checked up re-storage facilities in our local area and found the average price was £300 per annum. Also all sites had quite restrictive (in my opinion) hours for collection and return of our van.
So because keeping the van at home required as many of our neighbours as we could grab to help push when coming and going we had the mover fitted.
We got the powrtouch one and have never looked back It is so easy to operate the van can be positioned perfectly. provided it lasts another 3 months it will have paid for itself with the storage fees we have saved.
The reason we picked powrtouch was following reviews on various sites the no Quibble 5 year guarantee we took with a pinch of salt initially but I have had cause to take advantage of it and can not praise the company highly enough.
We were getting the van along the front of the house about two months ago when one of the motors failed.
I rang the company and the service department were very good the person there asked if we could actually manage to get away with the van or were we completly stuck. Well I was able to get the car to the van so they told me to get off on our trip and ring them when we arrived on site. This we did so our delay was only about 1 hour. Having rang them they then arranged to come to the CL site we were on to resolve the problem. A fitter arrived the morning after and within a couple of hours had replaced the motor with a new one. It probably took two hours because we were chatting and drinking coffee for a good deal of the time.
There are those that say that perhaps after nearly 3 years the motor should not have broken anyway but all mechanical things how ever well made can fail from time to time. The way the company responded in my opinion was outstanding and my experience is not a one off. Many reviews give similar stories. I know My view is not balanced by experience of owning other makes but if I change the van in the future I will make a powrtouch mover my first addition.
best wishes Brian

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Merve said:
After doing extensive research on the web regarding movers, I am still confused to hell with, power outputs, prices,weight, auto, non autos, British made and Non British made!!! If anyone wants my advice on movers,it's this, dont look too hard or you'll be as confused as I am. However, the good news is I am very interesed in the E-go mover. Any comments?
I have had a mover for 6 years now and still look to see what is on the market.If and when my mover gives up the E-go will be my choice, as from my view as a mechanical/electrical engineer it is well made and has the option to adjust onto the tyre as far as you need for grip.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
My Powrtouch still moves the Wyoming well five years on.
The aftersales service has been excellent.
My friend has an E-go on his Lunar and is very happy.

My FIL had a Truman and that again was very good and reliable,.

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi Merve

We've had a PurpleLine mover for 6 years now and had it fitted to 2 vans. It will still get our 1435kg van up onto a ramp to level it no probs.

Regards

Dave

Apr 9, 2006
Visit site
Brian-Clifford, I totally endorse everything you say about the Powrtouch service. They also sent one of their engineers out to a CL we were staying on, when a small problem developed with the mover and it was fixed it there and then. Brilliant company.

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
I have always endorsed powrtouch but rang Friday after my mover wouldn't work, still waiting for local fitter to call to make an appointment to look at it!!! Not their usual service. I wonder if they're getting a bit big now. Never had any problems with them when they were fairly small based in New Milton.

Apr 9, 2006
Visit site
Returning our caravan back into its storage slot, using the mover, one of the rollers failed to engage with the tyre and had to be wound on manually. I phoned Powrtouch yesterday morning, to explain what had happened. The local fitter phoned in the afternoon, asking when it would be suitable for him to call and he will come and fit a brand new roller unit. Can't ask more than that.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
RAY said:
It appear PT is more adept at repairs than other companies.
Personally i prefer my mover not to breakdown in the first place.

What do you have Ray?

When I bought my PT no one else gave a 5 year guarantee .

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
Dustydog said:
RAY said:
It appear PT is more adept at repairs than other companies.
Personally i prefer my mover not to breakdown in the first place.
What do you have Ray? When I bought my PT no one else gave a 5 year guarantee .

I have a 8 year old Reich.
I've had new rollers fitted, and a new handset battery fitted.
No breakdowns.
ego has 5 year warranty.
Some Reich models.

Jan 26, 2009
Visit site
We have a 9 year old Reich (OK we have to wind it on as in those days they weren't automatic) it's now been on 3 vans and we replaced the rollers a couple of years ago which was an easy DIY job.

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
twincle said:
I have purchased the Enduro S2 from caravanmoversonline and having it fitted tuesday to my twin axle elddis. Will report back :)

Had it fitted today by caravanmoversonline. the guy had it all done in about an hour and a half and its great. I have an elddis liberte 21/6, a heavy van and this moves it with relative ease, probably the best purchase i've ever made for the caravan - £700 fitted:

http://www.caravanmoversonline.co.uk/purpleline/enduroS2.html

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
Hi
i realise that this thread is years old but am curious at to what caravan mover you ended up getting in the end?

I have Bailey Pegaus milan and need something reliable above anything else! Would be looking at going the having it installed route rather than DIY.

cheers

Mark

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts