Which Oil for Freelander 2 ??

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
The handbook clearly states oil conforming to standard WSS-M2C913-B so I trotted off to Halfords and bought one litre of Castrol Magnatec which does conform. I was surprised, however, that it was on the Petrol Engine shelf and not the Diesel.

On lifting the bonnet recently I found a sticker put on at manufacture by Land Rover, not the dealer, clearly stating to use only oil conforming to standard WSH-M1C321-B (SAE 639).

Both standards are 5W-30.

Perhaps some technically minded person will confirm that they are both exactly the same !!

Bill

Sep 24, 2006
Visit site
I run a CRV Diesel and only ever put Mobil One in it (very rarely I might add).

Modern Diesels run with close tolerances and this oil is as thin as water. Big advantage is the very short time it takes to get the oil to the important places when the engine is started.

There are others but popular wisdom suggests Mobil 1 is the best.

It's

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
It's aFord based engine so 5-30 would be right, but I would check with LR Technical to be sure. Also if you live near a farmers store such as Countrywide, or a local farmers co-operative they will sell branded oils at much cheaper prices than Halfords. For example I buy Total Quartz 9000 5-40 a full synthetic for the Sorento for just under

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
It's aFord based engine so 5-30 would be right, but I would check with LR Technical to be sure. Also if you live near a farmers store such as Countrywide, or a local farmers co-operative they will sell branded oils at much cheaper prices than Halfords. For example I buy Total Quartz 9000 5-40 a full synthetic for the Sorento for just under

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts