Which One L`Amfora Or Les Mendes L`Estartit Costa Brava

Jun 28, 2006
Visit site
Any information on these sites would be nice, want to go this summer with 2 boys aged 14,9. Also any tips on over night stops planning to go dover calais drive through night and stop around 09.00 am hopefully 10 hour drive how far in france could this take me.If not been to these sites can anyone recomend any other on the coast not to far over the border

Many Thanks Nigel

Mar 21, 2007
sites.google.com
Hi there , I have been to Les Medes but not he other. I my opinion Les Medes is ok for pensioners like me but rather crowded even out of season. If I were you with young kids I would head for one of the large beach side sites such as Las Dunas at St Pere Pescador, which is where I went with mine. There is room for them to run about a bit, good pools and an adjacent beach.

Dave

Jun 28, 2006
Visit site
Hi there , I have been to Les Medes but not he other. I my opinion Les Medes is ok for pensioners like me but rather crowded even out of season. If I were you with young kids I would head for one of the large beach side sites such as Las Dunas at St Pere Pescador, which is where I went with mine. There is room for them to run about a bit, good pools and an adjacent beach.

Dave
Thanks David for your honest view,have looked at Les Dunas but site seemed to be like Haven in the sun,great if you like things like that..To be frank we are use to smaller sites with less of a croud. Nigel

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
Nigel,

Not sure about the sites you mentioned but I can recomend El Delfin Verde (www.eldelfinverde.com). It may not be what you're used to but it's a brilliant site for 2 boys aged 14 and 9.

The site is located approx 20 min drive from L'Estartit and has direct beach access. It is 840 miles from Dover and takes around 16 hours driving. Your 10 hour drive should take you approx 500 miles which is just south of Lyon.

Jun 28, 2006
Visit site
Nigel,

Not sure about the sites you mentioned but I can recomend El Delfin Verde (www.eldelfinverde.com). It may not be what you're used to but it's a brilliant site for 2 boys aged 14 and 9.

The site is located approx 20 min drive from L'Estartit and has direct beach access. It is 840 miles from Dover and takes around 16 hours driving. Your 10 hour drive should take you approx 500 miles which is just south of Lyon.
Thanks Mac have seen that site on the web seemed pricey at 50Euros a night. Also saw les dunas which looked nice as well.With the driving can you recommend any stop over sites thanks for all replies Nige

Mar 8, 2006
Visit site
I would recomend El Delfin Verde - been going for years and perfect for all ages. Although it is a big site - it is very friendly and once you are settled in you dont notice the size - its on the beach etc...has a very large swimming pool. When we first went to the area we did try others in the area - including las dunas - but wouldnt go back.

Hope this helps. Have a great holiday!

Jun 28, 2006
Visit site
I would recomend El Delfin Verde - been going for years and perfect for all ages. Although it is a big site - it is very friendly and once you are settled in you dont notice the size - its on the beach etc...has a very large swimming pool. When we first went to the area we did try others in the area - including las dunas - but wouldnt go back.

Hope this helps. Have a great holiday!
Thanks Charlotte

Why would you not go back to Les Dunas seems very popular with caravan rallies. Web site also looks very tempting

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts