Which satellite receiver is best for use on the Continent, Humax HD or Maxiview Free-to-Air

Aug 31, 2008
Visit site
Hi
For the last year we have been using a Humax HD satellite receiver with our Maxiview portable satellite system when away in our caravan both in the UK and in France and it has worked very well. This receives both Freesat and Free-to-air transmissions.

Recently I had the opportunity buy a Maxiview Free-to-air Sat receiver cheaply.

I plan to keep one and sell the other. I'm just wondering which one to keep. I particularly interested in using the satellite system on the Continent as I can, obviously, receive terrestrial channels in most places in the UK

The Maxiview has the advantage of running on 12v electricity, it is smaller and has a remote sensor enabling the box to be hidden away.

I'm just wondering what experience people have of using these boxes and I'd like to hear their recommendations. Our portable TV can be run on 12v too so that means we could use the MV box and TV without EHU. On the other hand we usually have EHU.

I believe that there are some changes to the programmes broadcast on the satellites in the near future especially effecting reception in Southern Continental Europe.

Will either box be better suited to these changes?

The instructions with the Maxiview box speak of it being able to receive singles from satellites other than Astra which I have logged in to with my Humax box.

Thanks in anticipation.
Tim

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Tim
Like you we use the maxview 66cm dish on a tripod with the Humax fox HD recieved linked to the TV with HDMI lead.. great both here and in europe never had a problem.
If it ain't broke don't try and fix it
smiley-laughing.gif
smiley-laughing.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts