Which services can I stop at when towing?

May 10, 2010
Visit site
We are towing a caravan to Cornwall (from Wales) soon and was wondering if anyone knows of any services etc on the way, that you can stop in with a caravan, as we have 2 small children and will have to make frequent stops.

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
Hi aaron looks like i read your post wrong, if its toilet breaks your after you should be able to stop at all the services apart from truck stop only ones.

Jul 11, 2006
Visit site
You have 5 services on the M5 between Bristol and Exeter, Exeter is the last one before the A30. I agree with not using the Bristol one, the junction there can get very busy. There is a service area at Bridgwater but I would avoid that one due to height barriers and poor signage. The A30 has plenty of large laybys along its route which have a good distance from the road.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Hi aaron, we use services some of the time, but one bit of advice, if we stop for say a toilet break even for a short while we NEVER leave our van unattended OH goes loo then I go. Another bit of advice try not to park near the boundary/hedges' it can stink, people some times cant be bothered to walk to the loo.

May 21, 2007
Visit site
Hi Aaron,

When my kids were younger we travelled to Cornwall every year. It became family tradition to stop at Exeter services for a break, use the loo and of course the obligitry cup of hot chocolate. Heed the advice fron Gagakev and you won't go wrong

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
you can use all the services on route but please rember do no park in the lorry parking bays im a caravaner&trucker we have leagal driving hours to work to and breaks must be taken by law some caravaners get quite rude when asked to move

Apr 11, 2008
Visit site
Phillip

This may be a little off topic but I object to Truckers using the limited number of caravan parking spaces just because they are slightly closer to the Service Area. I have pulled into Leigh Delamare 3 times on the M4 where there are only about 6 Caravan spaces to find them all full of Truckers and the Truck park has about 40 spaces in it. Why do you think we get rude when we have to return to the motorway when we have kids, SWHBO and dogs wanting to use the facilities!!!!!

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
i find truckers are generally very considerate to caravaners,a lot more so than car drivers.

I have only once come across lorries in caravan bays but have come across many cars parked up in caravan bays.... and that gets me really angry.

Jul 11, 2006
Visit site
At Exeter services the caravan and lorry parking is the same area, so its first come first served, The worst place for lorry's using the caravan spaces is Magor services on the M4 every time I have been there at all different times of day the caravan spaces are full with lorry's!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts