Which van for 4 adults?

Jun 12, 2005
Visit site
We are looking to buy a decent second hand van (we are new to caravanning, so want to try it out without a huge outlay). I was thinking about a late 90's model. We would like a van that truely accommodates up to four adults, as we would want friends to stay. I had assumed that '4 berth' meant this, so was a bit surprised to see comment in a magazine that this usually means two adults and two children. Any suggestions/advice about the right kind of van would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

Aug 7, 2005
Visit site
Hi Steve

Can't really advise which van to get but what we did when we bought our first van was to go to every dealer local to us and just basically browse through all the vans they had new and used. Needless to say this does not cost you and will start to get you excited about buying your new van. I think we spent six months looking. It is expensive to buy a van so I think this was time well spent. I can't remember how many beds we made up or tables we tested but it was fun. When you then find a van to suit you, you can then buy from the second hand market as you know which model to look for or buy from the dealer. There are so many to choose from that you could waste time looking at private vans that are not for you. Sorry if this seems like teaching you granny to suck eggs but it worked for us. Happy hunting

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Consider a fixed bed. This will, generally, give two double beds in the van, and only one to make! The second will be formed by the front dinette and will be a good size.

Gary

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Frequently the standard '4' is singles/double at the front and some other arrangement at the rear, either bench seating that makes up to a small double or single with pull-out bunk over. Correctly you identify that especially the bunks are often short and narrow and weight restricted. It is a problem familes of four have as the children get older. As above comment the fixed bed with two singles at front would solve this (provided two adults are willing to share), or this arrangemtn can be created in 4/5 berths where the rear end can be made up as a double. Good hunting!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts