Which wheelclamp

Oct 24, 2006
Visit site
We've Got a new Bailey Pageant Burgundy on order which comes with alloy wheels, and were wondering if the standard Milenco wheelclamp we currently have is ok to use or would we need to buy a new one specifically for the alloy wheels.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
You can use the Milenco so long as the model you have is big enough for the wheel diameter.

I replaced mine as I got so fed up with lining the three pieces up !!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Not just the diameter of the wheel but also the width.

My 2004 Lunar Lexon had 165 x 13" wheels. My new Lexon has alloys 175 X 14" wheels.

My Bulldog QD33 was supposed to fit 13" wheels with a tyre tread of 145-175 width. The diameter was not a problem but the width was at the top limit. This was a huge struggle to fit ( about 10 minutes)so I bought a SAS superclamp.I still have the QD33 for sale.

Regards Jim

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
There aren't wheelclamps specifically for alloy wheels, apart from the Al-Ko hub fitting type.

The overall tyre diameter and width are the usual constraints but shape of the wheel arch may also dictate which type are suitable.

When you take delivery, try your existing clamp to see if it'll fit satisfactorily.

If you do need to get a new one, use the Sold Secure grades (Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum) as a guide to security but bear in mind that the most secure wheelclamps are also the heaviest and most awkward to fit as well as the most expensive.

Jun 6, 2006
Visit site
Try an SAS Supaclamp Gold. It fits really quickly on my 175 x 14" alloys, and it's Gold Security Approved.
Hi Michael,

I use a Nemesis wheel lock made by Fullstop this is suitable for alloy wheels and is a sold secure product.

Martin "E"

Jun 6, 2006
Visit site
Sorry some how replied in the comment bit.

Hi Michael,

I use a Nemesis wheel lock made by Fullstop this is suitable for alloy wheels and is a sold secure product.

Martin "E"

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Michael,

We to have the Burgundy on order and I did not want to go the expence of the Al-Ko secure at this time so I took my current 14" Bulldog QD down to a dealer and it fitted a treat. Our current van has 185/80/14 on and I was concerned that the 70 series profile tyre on the Burgendy would be too big, but it fitted snugly without much effort and fitted neatly under the wheel arch without fouling.There again the Elddis has wheel trims that protude quite a bit.

When do you get delivery and did you go for any upgrades or changes e.g upholstery, central cabinet at the front, alarm etc.

Our's arrives hopefully the 2nd week in January.

Rob

Oct 24, 2006
Visit site
Good idea to go and try my existing one at the dealer, however I might look to buy a new one anyway.

Rob,don't know when we'll get ours yet all we've been told is Jan/Feb.We ordered it at NEC show from Broadlane, Daventry.Haven't had any upgrades the 'boss' was happy enough with standard features and preferred the front wrap around seats.

Michael

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts