Who are we??

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi

I'm Gill 42, IT Technician in Secondary School, husband Rod 44 tanker driver in swansea

Born in Essex but moved to LLanelli, close to pembrey cc site in 2003

Two children 15 and 13.

Sterling sapphire with renault espace 2.2dci

Love spending weekend at Brynich - Breacon.

Well thats my life histoy in just about 6 sentences.

Jun 6, 2006
Visit site
Hi all,

I am Martin age 40, the boss is Mandy age hmm well skip that one, we are from Somerset, she hates computers and I love them, we have two kids 18 year old daughter & a 15 1/2 year old son.

I tow with a Peugeot 607 2.2 hdi & the van is a 2004 Bailey Senator Arizona.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Homer & Marge

Caravan: Abbey Expression 2004 500L (Abbey Aventura 316)

Car: Rover 75 2.0V6 Low mileage...pristine until it was hit in the side at the weekend.....

Potential New Car: Nissan Xtrail (but others under serious review)

Children: Of course, Lisa and Bart

Came from: Tent....yuk how on earth did we do that

Favourite Drink: Flaming Mo..

Favourite Quick Weekend Site: Wellington Country Park

Hobbies: Children

Claim to Fame...Drummer in a very well known local band

Hates..Having to make up the fixed bed!

Loves..Waking up in the caravan...

Apr 15, 2006
Visit site
Hi, I am Stuart, single & 38. Confirmed batchelor so no kids. However, 2 wonderful Dogue de Bordeaux (Turner & Hooch) called Macy & Tess. Caravan is a Chilli Eriba Troll called Stevie (I am from Liverpool) & a Crimson Red 3 series touring called Jamie (I am from Liverpool)

Major passion is F1 (ferrari). Last year was my first with a 'van and went to Siverstone, Hockenheim & Monza with Stevie. This year we have trips planned to Nurburgring, Monza & Spa all with Stevie & Jamie.

Work for Greene King as an area manager

Cheers all

DJM

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi I'm Dave and my wifes name is Christine ages 52 and 51. I am a quality control inspector working with protective coatings, insulation and fireproofing. Christine is a house wife. We have a son 27, a daughter 25 and one beautiful grandchild,(6 weeks old). We have been caravanning since 1980 and our present outfit is a Bailey Pageant Imperial towed with a BMW 320D touring.

Favourite sites are El Delfin Verde in Spain and Esterel caravanning in the South of France.

May 12, 2006
Visit site
3 glasses of wine, I can spell Hockenhiem & Nurburgring but not Silverstone ;-)
3 glasses of wine, I can spell Hockenhiem & Nurburgring but not Silverstone ;-)

How could you!!!! drink wine, working for probably the best brewers in the world !!!!

Val & Frank

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
We are Tony and Marg live in North Warks,aged 57 this week (happy birthday)had caravan since 1975 now have 2004 Abbey Vogue 416 and Mondeo 130 TDCi 2 litre.2 kids both grown physically all though sometimes wonder about other ways.Wife works for bank and I have been in banking/finance most of working life,currently in between jobs since Jan 1st.

Interests include red wine and tracing family tree which so far takes me back to the plotter against Liz 1st executed at the Tower in 1586,hence the name as we both have the same first name and of course surname

Dec 25, 2005
Visit site
hi all, Swansea here

I'm Richard 38,Local Hospital Manager, and my better half is Faye 30 who is a Nurse, we have a son 15 mths and 2 children from my previous relationship 16 & 12.

we have been caravanning for 2 years and enjoy every minute of it. Drive a Mondeo V6 which pulls a Series 5 Bailey Pageant Provence.

Havent posted on here very often but gained a lot of knowledge from the advice posted from all you guys, I find this site a great help as do all other newbies I'm sure.

Thank you and happy vanning

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi

Mark & Sharon 39 and 34

We have three children 17,10 and 6

And we have a dog 1 year old

We live in Nottinghamshire

Ford C-max

Avonndale dart 556-6

Sharon is a house wife and I am at college re training in CAD.

Mark

Jun 25, 2005
Visit site
Hi

What a good idea.

I'm Annette, hubby is Mike. We're early and middle forties. I'm a nurse teacher, hubby an accountant. We have 3 kids, now ages 8, 9, 10.

Caravan is a series 5 Bailey Pageant Bretangue, tow car is a Mondeo estate TDCi, this season will tow with a Ford S Max and sometimes the Mondeo.

This will be our 7th year caravanning. Its my second time round, I caravanned as a child for about 10 years. My late father was strict on packing and loading the caravan, its something I still practice today. We live in Yorkshire. We go away for weekends and longer holidays. The caravan means chill out time for us.

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
Hi Robert

I did not realise you were in that industry you could perhaps answer a question for me.

I have a mid fifties Hillman that requires 4 star fuel. At the moment I use an additive with regular unleaded which works fine but Iis messy. I have often wondered if some of the 'super' types of fuels sold by some of the petrol companies could be used without the additive but have assumed as they are still unleaded that this is perhaps not the case. I'm an ex mechanic so I know I could remove the head and fit valve seats but I'm loathed to fix something that aint broke. I have also studied fuels, although not in depth, as part of a science degree, so I know a little about how octane numbers are worked out and about the various chemical chains that make up petrol. Am I right to assume I must stick to the additive.

Thanks

Martyn

PS I can buy 4 star locally but its

Jan 21, 2007
Visit site
Hi I'm Robert and my partners name is Paul, we have been together for 10 years and I am the manager of a hair salon and Paul is a party planer

Our caravan is a Bailey Pegeant Champagne and we tow it with a Saab 9-5.

We are both in our early 40's and fell in love with the south of France where we go to for 4 weeks every summer

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I'm Lisa, sorry I'm not going to reveal my age. Been with husband Phil for 25 years. We have a 14 year old daughter. We have an Abbey Freestyle SE and tow with a mondeo TDCI.

Phil is a Nottinghamshire lad and I have just applied for a NZ passport as I was born in New Zealand. We are considering going to live there as I can get in any time and take Emma and Phil with me.

I work for Notts fire and rescue in community safety, Phil retired early. We have a 14 year old daughter.

Lisa

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
I'm Lisa, sorry I'm not going to reveal my age. Been with husband Phil for 25 years. We have a 14 year old daughter. We have an Abbey Freestyle SE and tow with a mondeo TDCI.

Phil is a Nottinghamshire lad and I have just applied for a NZ passport as I was born in New Zealand. We are considering going to live there as I can get in any time and take Emma and Phil with me.

I work for Notts fire and rescue in community safety, Phil retired early. We have a 14 year old daughter.

Lisa
We've just been talking to a friend in Aukland as my best friend is off there tomorrow morning for 3 months and buying a holiday rental business near to our Kiwi friends home in Titirangi. He was a Blockhouse bay boy in his youth but spends some of the year in Queenstown now as he's part owner of his brothers building business.

So look out for very big "poms" ;-) May be see you in NZ !

May 4, 2005
Visit site
So many new names ;O)

I'm Brian 48 ,wife is Bina 43. We have 2 boys , Kean and Joel who are 8 and 5. We live on the outskirts of St Albans ,Herts.

I've spent the last 11 years in car sales, Bina is a Community Psychiatric Nurse.I have caravanned for 20+ years ,Bina for 10.

We have a Elddis Firestorm 630 fb T/A and tow with a Ford Maverick 2.7 tdi LWB.

Brian (",)

Mar 15, 2006
Visit site
Allyson 40 Jeff 47 from Gwent, South Wales.

I am a Corporate Fundraiser and Jeff is a Production Supervisor.

We have been together for 22 years and married for 19 yrs.

We have two wonderful children, Sophie is 16 and is head girl of her school and on the school council, she's just had her gcse mock results, 6 A* 6 A and one B.

Declan is 10 and will be going to Comprehensive school this September, he's also doing well and is a Prefect at his present school.

We drive a Freelander Serengetti TD4 Series 2 and pull a Bailey Burgundy Series 6.

In the last three years we have stayed at various sites including ST.Ives,Devon,Somerset,S.Wales,N. Wales,Blackpool, Cumbria and also Henley whilst Sophie was on a 2 day course at the Imperial College of London.

We are off to France for 3 weeks this year for our main holidays, and visiting Longleet,Pembrey and Riverdart for long weekends.

Hope to catch up with some of you on our travels.

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi everybody

We are Chris and Rob, Rob aged 59 and me 56. Rob has just retired from lecturing in Agricultural Engineering. I used to be a Secretary before we had our family, but have recently finished working as a sales assistant, so that we can enjoy our time together and spend time with our new granddaughter. We have two children, a daughter aged 28 and a son aged 25.

We have been caravanners for 25 years and have just bought our first new caravan which is a Lunar Quasar 524 which we tow with an Audi 2.5 diesel automatic. We leave on April 29 for a trip to France and Italy for approx. 4 weeks which we are really looking forward to.

Sep 1, 2006
Visit site
Hi..I'm Helen, 38 year old retired firefighter who hates being described as a housewife just because its easier!! Currently doing "community service" for the ambulance service. Married to Simon who runs his own butchers.

Have a sixteen year old daughter who thinks caravanning is "cool". Also have a dog called Dennis (sure its not difficult to guess which breed).

Have an Avondale Rialto 550/4 which we tow with a '98 Land Rover Discovery converted to LPG so we can at least afford to enjoy our hobby.

Live in the heart of rural Staffordshire and have only had our own caravan for six months as we have previously borrowed someone elses. Our hope is that after getting a years experience under our belts we will broaden our horizons and take the plunge touring abroad.

This is a great forum topic as i'm always wondering where everyone else hangs out. Hope you all have a great 2007 wherever you pitch.

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Hi, we are Kevin and Marianne, we live in Tiverton Devon and have 2 grown up children we are 42 and 37.

We have been caravanning for 10 years and we have been mainly uk and France.

I am a HGV driver, after being in the supermarket trade for 20 odd years managing stores its a refreshing life style. Marianne has been a driving insructor for the past 6 monts after 2 years of study and 3 exams. She was made redundant 6 months ago just as she was about to leave her job (how lucky was that)

Weve got an Abbey vogue 2007 and tow with a reiable Freelander TD4.

Oh and not forgetting the pooch, hes a jack russle 3 years old and is called Reece.

Kevin H

Jan 4, 2007
Visit site
I am Graham (32) and Karen is 33.

Georgia is 9 and Emily is 5.

Karen is a Chemistry teacher (mad womam) and I am a landscaper. I set up my business nearly 10 years ago.

We met at University when we were both 18. She has been besotted with me ever since.

I caravanned with my parents as a child and borrowed their caravan for our honeymoon.

Currently we have a Mazda pickup and Avondale Argente 642.

As Karen is a teacher, we go away for 12 - 13 weeks a year. We live in Devizes, Wiltshire, but absolutely Scotland.

The best club site has to be Bunree in Scotland. We however generally use the wonderful CL network.

We always go away for New Year, magical in the caravan.

Hugs to you all!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello

We are Richard 39 (40 tomorrow) and Andrea 36.

Two kids David 13 (today), and Abbey 10.

Also have a two year old black labrador called Holly.

We live in Skelton in the North East, I work for a food wholesaler as a regional business manager and Andrea is a nurse.

Current outfit Sorento auto and Senator Oklahoma, spend all the time we can away in the van.

Have the inlaws moving in tomorrow to look after the kids while me and the OH go down to the CC site at Losehill to celebrate my birthday.

Sep 22, 2006
Visit site
Hi

I'm Clive HRH is Joan, both 70 Home town Swansea, retired Elec Eng (jumped up Elec'n),but still do 2 days a week voluntary work.Joan was wages clerk (before computors.)Favorite pastime watching rugby, roll on next weekend 6/N, Ireland at the Millenium Stadium. Favorite Holiday spots in our Ranger 510, West Wales, New Forest and France. Gorges du Tarn in May. Have found these forums great for advise and comments.

Clive

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Hello

We are Richard 39 (40 tomorrow) and Andrea 36.

Two kids David 13 (today), and Abbey 10.

Also have a two year old black labrador called Holly.

We live in Skelton in the North East, I work for a food wholesaler as a regional business manager and Andrea is a nurse.

Current outfit Sorento auto and Senator Oklahoma, spend all the time we can away in the van.

Have the inlaws moving in tomorrow to look after the kids while me and the OH go down to the CC site at Losehill to celebrate my birthday.
OH = Old Hag ???????????

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts