Who are we??

Page 4 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi, I'm Marian (over 21) and my partner is Marijke (family are from Holland)but we live in South Notts. We are about to start our 3rd year of caravanning with our Abbey Freestyle & Hyundai Santa Fe.

Favourite sites are Chatsworth for weekends, because it's only an hour from home, Sandringham and the Old Oaks in Glastonbury, mainly because we like Glastonbury - we're old hippies at heart!

We haven't been posting much recently but we've both learnt a lot from reading all your posts, especially when we were first starting out, so thanks folks!

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
As you live in South Notts and have a Freestyle presume this came from Lowdhams,we had a Freestyle and was delighted with it how do you feel about yours?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
As you live in South Notts and have a Freestyle presume this came from Lowdhams,we had a Freestyle and was delighted with it how do you feel about yours?
We did get our Freestyle from Lowdhams and have been very pleased with it. We had a couple of small niggles in the first year, the main ones being the fridge door catch and one of the front blinds 'unravelled' itself. Apart from this we've had no problems. We've also found Lowdhams good to deal with - if a bit expensive.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi - Myrna and Colin from Bridgend. I have taken early retirement from lecturing at Neath College (FE) in architecture and land surveying. Would not recommend teaching now as it is a dod eat dog scenario. My wife is a home management operative ie housewife. We have a 2007 model Ace Jubilee Vicroy (fixed bed) van and Daihatsu Fortrak 2.8TDI. It would appear there are quite a few Welsh contributers to this forum - seeing Val from Ynysybwl reminds me of my time working in Pontypridd with a chap from the "Bwl" - Steve Knight what a lad - wicked funny.

It would also appear that nmy good friend, Lord B. and myself have similar interests eg GWR steam, caravanning, gardening and photography.

Now that we have more time on our hands we will be using the van far more - thinking of either Scotland or another trip to Brittany for our main holidays and short breaks then in England (not Hereford area for reasons known to his lordship).

The suggestion of a sticker to recognise fellow forum users is a good one and perhaps the magazine could consider producing such a sticker. Could possibly form an elite club for forum users.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Hi - Myrna and Colin from Bridgend. I have taken early retirement from lecturing at Neath College (FE) in architecture and land surveying. Would not recommend teaching now as it is a dod eat dog scenario. My wife is a home management operative ie housewife. We have a 2007 model Ace Jubilee Vicroy (fixed bed) van and Daihatsu Fortrak 2.8TDI. It would appear there are quite a few Welsh contributers to this forum - seeing Val from Ynysybwl reminds me of my time working in Pontypridd with a chap from the "Bwl" - Steve Knight what a lad - wicked funny.

It would also appear that nmy good friend, Lord B. and myself have similar interests eg GWR steam, caravanning, gardening and photography.

Now that we have more time on our hands we will be using the van far more - thinking of either Scotland or another trip to Brittany for our main holidays and short breaks then in England (not Hereford area for reasons known to his lordship).

The suggestion of a sticker to recognise fellow forum users is a good one and perhaps the magazine could consider producing such a sticker. Could possibly form an elite club for forum users.
Colin I've told you before, you are always welcome to pitch in my grounds for free. Just as long as you're within 100 yards of the battlements because my archers are short of practice :O)

I'm even prepared to invite you for high tea in the banquetting hall because I've never tested my sentries on how quick they can lift the drawbridge when a car/caravan is halfway across.

Apr 22, 2005
Visit site
A very good question. I have been trying to work out who I am for many years. I fancy a mid-life crisis, but apparently I need to finish the previous one first.
we are from newbridge gwent.i drive trains for a liveing and ny wife makes wipers for trico,we tow a lmc with a frontera 2.2 olympus.we go to devon a lot and the cotswolds.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi, I'm Marc and the supervisor is Liz. Our non caravan moments are spent at Ruskington (a sleepy hollow in south Lincolnshire). I work with photocopiers and Liz works for the N.H.S. in admin. We tow our slightly aged Lunar with a Galaxy.

Marc

Mar 29, 2006
Visit site
Hi Sconny,

we are Gavin(38 last week), and my wife of 15 years,Amanda(a wee bit older),we have 2 girls, Alison(13) and Diane(9). We also have a Border Terrier, Keo(16 months), which is why we've ended up with a caravan!

We have a 6 year old Swift Azzura, pulled by a Honda CRV,(petrol,doh!) which incidentally we also bought because of the dog. Expensive blighter's are they not!

I also play the bagpipes, (29 years now), and you might have seen me at the Tattoo if you were there in 1994/1995. Came out of the Army 10 years ago, after 12 happy years spent all over the world.

We now live in Inverness, but are from the Isles of Skye(me) and Lewis(Mrs B).

If you ever think you spot us 'on site' please say hello. I don't like drinking alone and they'll always be a beer or 2 and a bottle of Uisge beatha,(the water of life), stashed away somewhere,

Gavin.
Hi Gavin, I wes brought up on pipebands as my father was a drummerin british legion bands. When he died 11 years ago I thought about learning but just did not have the time.

Now all the kids are at school and ive turned 40 I thought it's now or never. So iv'e got myself a couple of chanters a few books and learning dvd's and an old pipemajor friend of my fathers to help me.

We always stay at Drum mohr near musselburgh when in Edinburgh thats as far north as we go, but I did go to a wedding onthe isle os skye many years ago.......an experience to say the least!!

Regards John

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site

Colin (bridgend)You are already a member of an elite club - you're from west of Offa's ****!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi I'm Glenis, aged 51, other half is Ernie aged 56. I work as a supervisor in an Accounts department, husband works for same company as shift Leader in the factory. One son aged 15 who still likes to holiday with us, daughter aged 24 has now flown the nest.

We live on a tiny smallholding between Leominster and Ludlow. We have been caravanning for around 12 years now. First one was a tiny CI Sprint but was enough to get us hooked.

Current caravan is a 1990 Adria Optima, pulled by a diesel Izuzu Trooper. M reg but still going strong.

Favourite campsite is Woolacombe Sands in Devon , although we do make a quick dash now and then to Tenby.

Dec 31, 2006
Visit site
Wow.. excellent idea!

I am Claire and im 32, and the other half is David and he is 38. I have 2 boys, Daniel 15 and Evan 10. David doesnt have his "own" children, and we have been together now for...ooooh almost 6 years now. Dave sometimes wears the trousers in our house - but only because I let him!!

We live in a (Scarily rapidly) growing town called Darwen, which is squished in next to Blackburn Lancashire, We dont have any pets now since out beloved Germal Shepherd passed away 3 years ago.

I work in Health & Safety and David works in IT. We are going to pick up our new Bailey Pageant Burgundy van (with the blue fabric) on Wednesday and are both taking the afternoon off work to collect it! We cant wait to have out first outing in it! and we will be pulling it with Dave's Toyota Hilux.

For weekends away, we love the caravan club little 5 van sites, but we already have a week at North View Garstang booked at Easter, and 2 weeks at Longleat in summer...

Jun 5, 2005
Visit site
Hi

I'm another who reads a lot more than ever posts

I'm Gill,late 40s married to Trevor for 20-odd years now and occasionally manage to get away on our own in our Elddis Furicano towed with Peugeot 406 I work in NHS admin and Trevor was forced to retire 13 years ago now due to ill health

Favourite site apparently is anywhere with a fishing lake ( for him) and some peace for me,love most parts of the UK and not at all bothered about trekking abroad lucky in that I cant abide heat which we dont often get here in Bradford

Feb 18, 2006
Visit site
hi everybody ,i am sharon 37 married to anthony 40 for 18 years now, we have 2 children stacey 16 and laura 13 ,2 golden retreivers blake and prilly and 2 cats we live in coalville (leicestershire),we have a coachman wanderer t/a and tow with a landrover discovery,anthony is an accounts manager for a trialer manufacture and i work in a dog grooming parlour,we have been vanning for about 7 years now been to alot of sites in the uk and last year decided to go to spain with the van we enjoyed it sooooo much were going over again this year,

Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
Hi All

We are Pauline (46) and Martyn (49), two children Verity 12 and Laurence 7

We live in a small hamlet in West Northamptonshire and tow a seven year old Lunar with a Honda CRV.

I did work in motor sport for Audi but give it up at forty to start my own fireworks display company which I run on a part time basis while studying for a science degree with the Open University. (Nearly finished in fact but I shall continue studying for a Ba or PhD as it really is fun) I also keep house and do all the cooking, washing ironing etc, to be honest I have to because my wife is not in the remotest bit domesticated. The trade off is my wife holds a very senior position with Barclaycard as an accountant.

We are not 'die hard' caravanners, don't get me wrong we enjoy our van and get away quite a lot but we do favour foreign climes particularly in the winter.

And if there is any spare time in-between I can usually be found out cruising in my 1955 Hillman convertible.

If you see our black Honda on (usually a CC) site and a Lunar van pop over, I don't bite.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I'm Mark (thirtytwelve years old), 'Er Indoors, Penny, is a few years younger (which she keeps reminding me!!) and our 3 kids are: Dee (16), Robbie (13) & Terry (11). We reside in sunny Luton (the part we live in is sunny anyway).

We've been 'vanning since 2002, after we changed our trailer tent for an old Sprite. After getting the taste for caravanning, we traded the Sprite one year later for a Pageant Bordeaux. I currently tow with a Zafira, but being a GM employee (in my 27th year), I only keep my car for 7 months max before having to change it, which can be a pain in the rear as I keep having to hire a skip to clear the rubbish from the passenger door pockets!!

Our favourite sites are Lincoln Farm near Witney, and Sequoia Parc in France.

Mark W

Jan 21, 2007
Visit site
Hi sconny and all. I/we haven't been members of this site for very long so my alias won't be familiar.

What a gem of a post John, I'm really suprised by the massive reponse. So; in the spirit of caravanning,here goes.

I'm Tony and SWMBO is Margaret, hence Tram. Well it's near to T and M, and as an engineer (retired) I like trams and all big,old machinery.

We bought our first 'van two years ago, a Bailey 560/6 so we can take the grandchildren away too. And we love it. We've been all over the place and have lots of plans for this year as well. We tow it with a Galaxy that we were told was a little underpowered for the job but they were wrong, it all works fine.

Favourite site, Hawes, we climbed Ingleborough last time and saw the Perigrin Falcons nesting in Malham Cove.

Tony and Margaret.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I'm Mark (thirtytwelve years old), 'Er Indoors, Penny, is a few years younger (which she keeps reminding me!!) and our 3 kids are: Dee (16), Robbie (13) & Terry (11). We reside in sunny Luton (the part we live in is sunny anyway).

We've been 'vanning since 2002, after we changed our trailer tent for an old Sprite. After getting the taste for caravanning, we traded the Sprite one year later for a Pageant Bordeaux. I currently tow with a Zafira, but being a GM employee (in my 27th year), I only keep my car for 7 months max before having to change it, which can be a pain in the rear as I keep having to hire a skip to clear the rubbish from the passenger door pockets!!

Our favourite sites are Lincoln Farm near Witney, and Sequoia Parc in France.

Mark W
Hi Mark, Lincoln Farm Park, Just theeee best.Be there Feb half turn pitch 36, can't wait.

Apr 18, 2005
Visit site
I am Eric I started caravanning 44 years ago so I am getting used to it now . Bought up 4 children who all loved caravanning two of my children also have caravans . Home town Burslem Stoke On Trent Retired but my website keeps me active from 0400 until 1030pm so no chance of me resting yet.

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

We are Mac (51) & Lynda (48) from near Banchory in Scotland.

We have 4 boys 23,19,15 & 13 & two labradors.

Elddis Crusader Superstorm

Land Rover Discovery 3

Our favourite sites are: Glenmore, Brighouse Bay and Glen Nevis.

Love: caravanning, beer, wine & BBQ's

Mac.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts