Who stays Dares๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Almost worth a new thread I think about awnings in wind! Iโ€™ll start one ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€
Been like awning city here today, sun out every one put awnings back up as we did. Dried them out and then they have all been put away again before the onslaught arrives tomorrow morning.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Been like awning city here today, sun out every one put awnings back up as we did. Dried them out and then they have all been put away again before the onslaught arrives tomorrow morning.
So much effort Kev. When ours was up last year I did take it home sodden. Soon dried in the. Conservatory. Hard work doing a double!

Reactions: Gagakev
Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
So much effort Kev. When ours was up last year I did take it home sodden. Soon dried in the. Conservatory. Hard work doing a double!
Na simples mine was Dusty. Feed it into rail, peg bottom out with awning at angle, no poles and dry in less than an hour. Oh I ain't got a conservatory ๐Ÿ˜‚

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Rain and bad weather follow us-when we arrive on site I usually go round the near neighbours and apologise as even if it looks to be nice , when we arrive, it rains! Seriously though, in the UK the weather is just so unpredictable we go prepared for anything and the worst! A week in Glen Nevis-constant rain. For a change our first trip out to Wales was absolutely wonderful-warm and dry-just before this rubbish! Quite like bad weather and rain on the roof of the van-something cute about it! Wind is the issue-we never put the awning up if winds over 30mph are forecast. W e learned the hard way on the same Scottish holiday on our stop over at North Berwick on the way home-awning up, went to bed-wind got up and we had to take it down at 3am. Not pleasant. We also spent an afternoon taking awnings down on a site last year for people who'd gone out left them up and they were destructing themselves or their caravans-only one was ripped irreparedly.

AS for wind and towing -having towed our Bailey up to Glen Nevis in hurricane Brian-it's a case of take you time-slow down-we did 50 on the motorway with the lorries who'd slowed a bit too-no issue.
I hope you have a nice relaxing break

Reactions: JezzerB
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Na simples mine was Dusty. Feed it into rail, peg bottom out with awning at angle, no poles and dry in less than an hour. Oh I ain't got a conservatory ๐Ÿ˜‚
Though you would have had a bit of old scaffolding poles that you could have thrown it over.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts