Why do people do this?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Every morning before I go to work, I take our 2 dogs for a walk early in the morning, sometime round the village I see this caravan outside this person home on the road, So this morning I had a look round the van and guess what,
No Hitch lock and no wheel lock and not even hook on to the car tow bar, Now this person got a nice home and car and van are nearly new, all I can say that they have more money than sense, When will they learn? Trevor123

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I am sure that it is illegal to leave a caravan on the road
My insurance company insist that the alarm is set, hitch lock & wheel clamp are fitted when left unattended

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Maybe it's one that used to be on 'my drive' and is just awaiting being sold on ebay to some unspecting person for £5,000!

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
It's because of people like that that we all have to pay higher premiums, cos you can guarantee that if it goes missing, they'll claim!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Probably not insured, don't give a toss and if it where insured and got nicked, how are the insurance firm going to prove it wasn't properly secured!!!!!!!
There you go.
Bri

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
It may be a fact of UK life but I find it sad that someone is called names because they like to think they can leave something in a public place without it being stolen.

Is the UK that lawless now?

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Maybe he deliberately left it like that and had a video camera capturing you snooping around his van ?

OR.maybe he was deliberately having it unhitched as he was going to do something to either the car or the van.

OR..........no, I wont go there......................

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
The last time someone sneaked round my caravan, the in house alert sounded, the CCTV picked him up, and i made my presence known.

Perhaps you should mind your own business?

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Is the van always in this state or just the morning that you were "having a look" ? Maybe the van was about to be moved - was it attached to a car at the time.
Or mind your own business and stop making assumptions.

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Nick in France said:
It may be a fact of UK life but I find it sad that someone is called names because they like to think they can leave something in a public place without it being stolen.

Got to agree with this, sorry. Seems rather judgemental to condemn them just for believing the world may not be as crap as the media like to make out.

Mar 21, 2007
sites.google.com
Nick in France said:

A relative of mine worked in on of the Gulf states in the oil industry. Left his case at the airport and it was still there the next day, he did think he could have left his wallet with the same result. It would seem that his bag didnt look worth having a hand chopped off to the thieves.
David

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts