Why pick on 4x4's the originator

Sep 14, 2006
Visit site
When I posted the original "why pick on 4x4's" it was just to see what sort of response it would bring in, I thought that on the whole it was a good debate with some banter between certain people and some good wide ranging issues opened up. Having just read this months caravan club magazine even the director general picked up on caravanners being irritated by media headline criticism of users of large cars and 4x4's. Apparentley the club works nationally and internationally to defend the rights of motorists. I must admit I was surprised that it had 120 replies.......

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
The problem Danny is that too many users of this forum are incapable of debating or expressing different views without becomimg insulting or offensive.

Over the centuries, those that died defending our right of free speech would turn in their graves if they saw this forum and realised how their sacrifice is abused.

G

Thinking about some of the posts-

Today the news is again full of scared people who have flown on one of 5 planes that have had radiation found on them after the Russian chappie died.

London underground apart from the sad bombing and the bus bombing has beeen under threat at various times re gas and chemical attacks form using the likes of Ricin.

Talking with an old Doctor friend this morning he remebers a consultant at a London Teaching hospital chastising him and other traineee doctors for coming weak and sickly into work with people who were sick after travelling in cattle truck conditions to work with a lot of sick commuters.

My friend has data from his practice showing that his public transport using patients who commute to London in the main end up with more flu, colds, sore throats and respitory conditions and need more antibiotics than the car drivers.

With the Radiation aeroplane scare, the same would never happen if they all used cars and people holiday'd using cars not planes with hundreds on board.

Also inflation busting hikes in train fares yesterday makes it looks like someone is realising that car drivers are the smart ones and that many more will join us as they flee costly unhealthy public transport.

I understand that car drivers clothing stays cleaner than commutters as well, and that has environmental benefits to. So travel in you "chosen" car and you'll get less sniffles, cut down on GP's time and be a harder target for terrorism.

Then a car holiday be it with an Eriba towed by an ageing Astra or a Carlight towed by a Disco Sport is not only likely to put you less at risk from flying and terroristts but will keep you in western Europe away from upsetting others with a different religeous ideals and a lower standard of living that helps breed resentment and extremism against the west.

TRENDING THREADS