Wi-fi access.

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Allan & Gill, my wife has a contract with Orange, I can see where I can get a Bluetooth USB Adaptor for my lappy but I fail to see where the tariff is that you quoted, 1GB for

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
I'm guessing that Alan and Gill are just quoting the standard data charges on their Orange contract and that there is no seperate contract.

If you look up terms and pricing of Lady B's contract you should be able to find the data charges that would apply if downloading or uploading to phone or via phone to laptop.

JTS

Jan 16, 2007
Visit site
I don't see why I should pay to "not to be able to do". In France/Italy/Spain each year I use WiFi to send and receive email, I access my Intrnet Bank, Surf the net if I want to, hold video conversations through Skype and any other laptop function. I do have those that I need to keep in touch with in the UK and Canada. Admitted I can rarely do this from my caravan and have to go to the campsite Bar/Lounge (have a pint while I am logged on) big deal. Thanks to Campsites with free WiFi, BT Broadband Openzone free allowance and BT Fon.

Oh I forgot to say, I DO IT ALL FOR FREE. Good Luck. JTS.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
"Admitted I can rarely do this from my caravan and have to go to the campsite Bar/Lounge (have a pint while I am logged on)"

Gawd it's a hard life JTS. I bet you struggle to carry the laptop to the bar in all that heat :O(

JTS

Jan 16, 2007
Visit site
"Admitted I can rarely do this from my caravan and have to go to the campsite Bar/Lounge (have a pint while I am logged on)"

Gawd it's a hard life JTS. I bet you struggle to carry the laptop to the bar in all that heat :O(
LB.

Nah, she carries it, nips back to the van to watch Holby City and then comes back to help me back, HIC, oops excuse me.Good Luck .JTS.

JTS

Jan 16, 2007
Visit site
LB.

You do realise that as KeZone (CC WiFi contractors) are a BT Openzone partner you should be able to log on using your free 500 Broadband WiFi minutes.G hic ood luck.JTS.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
OK, when I turn my lappy on after windows loads it does a scan. When it's finished I right click the little wifi thingy in the notification area and it says what it has found. If theres a BT Openzone hotspot what does it say? Will it show it in that window? Is it just a matter of selecting it and clicking connect? Someone mentioned somewhere about the Cloud and that is a partner but its almost impossible because the link doesn't work.

If the KeZone shows after the scan what will show on my lappy?

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
LB.

You do realise that as KeZone (CC WiFi contractors) are a BT Openzone partner you should be able to log on using your free 500 Broadband WiFi minutes.G hic ood luck.JTS.
We are going to 4 club sites but non with wifi so I wont be able to test it out :O(

JTS

Jan 16, 2007
Visit site
LB.

It should identify all WiFi networks within range by name and indicate signal strength. It will invite you to select one and connect. Can I suggest that you diguise yourself, just in case someone who knows you and recognises you, and take your Laptop to a MacDonalds, order a coffee, ask where is the best seat for WiFi, give it a whirl. Give a hint that you are a school truant inspecter or unemployment benifits invetigater and you watch the place clear and have it to yourself. Come back here with the WiFi result. Good luck. JTS.

Nov 4, 2004
Visit site
Wi-Max is very costly to implement so i think it wont be cheap.

Although it runs on a higher freqency it still has trouble in built up areas.

Dec 9, 2007
Visit site
EURICA....I HAVE FOUND IT!!!!

I am sat in my motor with my laptop on my knee, mobile (pay as you go) on the dash,typing a post to PCForum.

Never thought it would happen.

Being very short on time before hols (24hrs) I called Orange. They called me back on my landline and set it up.Absolutely brilliant.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
OK thanks. My wife has a contract so it might be an idea to get onto that if there is a signal on site.

The chances of me finding a hotspot I would think is pretty low so thats an option. I would rather use my laptop on site rather than go searching because this is when she watches the TV and I have no choice but to read.

What is the number you ring Orange to set it up?

Dec 9, 2007
Visit site
Hi LB. I dialed the 450 number from my payg mobile and followed the options to 'new products and services (free at this stage).I was connected to an adviser at the cost of 25p for the duration. She took details of the handset and set me ip with a

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
There you go just as said, and for an extra 50p you can get 1gig over 24hrs,we were away at Pickering (thornton le dale adults only site) a couple of weeks ago, sat in the van surfing the net & checking emails, and the best part is you only pay for when you use it. Dont forget that if you want to send emails to change your smtp to orange net.com

Give them a call LB and set it up.

Allan & Gill.

Dec 9, 2007
Visit site
Hi LB. Just got in from a pre-hol trip to the barabers.

Test result:

Download; 87kb/s

Upload; 256kb/s

For my next connection I may opt for the extra 50 pennerth.

Cheers, Dave.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts