Widend touring park Paignton

Jan 10, 2006
Visit site
Hi

We are looking to book at a site in south Devon for September and was wondering if anyone out there had been to Widend at Paignton recently or if anyone could recommend a site down there .

thanks

Woody

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Jon - My wife and I go to Widend every year for at least two weeks. Been back and fore there regular for approx. last six years at least. Great family run site with spotless toilets and showers (new toilet and shower facilities recently opened). It is not a "hi de hi" site but quiet with a shop, part time take away, heated swimming pool and small club house with family entertainment. There is also a small seperate games room for children. The site is spotless. Large dog walk - as far as you want to walk. Very central for Torquay, Paignton and Totnes with Brixham and Dartmouth not too far away. Bus passes site entrance every half hour for either Paignton or Totnes. Site fees are very reasonable with seasonal pitches and winter storage if desired. The brochure does not do the site justice. I can highly recommend it. The site is run by a husband and wife with help from his parents and seasonal retired caravanners who stay on site (most of the assistants are Welsh).If you do go say hello to Julie from Myrna & Colin at Bridgend.

Jan 10, 2006
Visit site
Thanks Colin it certainly sounds like our sort of place and in a good location. Am going to phone tommorow and see if they have any pitches left.

thanks mate

Wooody

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
You should be OK Jon in September as the school holidays are over. If the weather is good and you are a steam train enthusiast you must travel the line from Paignton to Kingswear and then cross on the ferry to Dartmouth. We often buy the complete train/ferry/river cruise package - well worth the time and money.

There is also a very good steam line from Totnes to Buckfastleigh with a classic bus ride then to the Abbey - not much else mind at Buckfastleigh apart from the station shop/cafe and Abbey.

If you do go to Widend enjoy it - we do every time we go there. My wife however bakes a sponge cake for Jim, one of the site workers, as he is Welsh, very helpful but unfortunately a widower.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts