Winchcombe C&CC

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Hi All

Looking to have a weeks get-away in the Cotswolds. Has anyone stayed at Winchcombe C&CC site ? like the idea of a fishing pond, bit of a pond plopper I is....
Any reveiws would be helpful. Anything worth visiting in and around that area also ?
Cheers

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
TINHUTONWHEELS said:
Hi All

Looking to have a weeks get-away in the Cotswolds. Has anyone stayed at Winchcombe C&CC site ? like the idea of a fishing pond, bit of a pond plopper I is....
Any reveiws would be helpful. Anything worth visiting in and around that area also ?
Cheers
It is a very nice site and very convenient, but as it is a C &CC site beware they expect you to leave on the Sunday by 12pm even though they have no bookings for the next day. The wardens when we were there last had a bit of an attitude problem. Another well known member of this forum has also experienced this so it is not only us. Try it, you may enjoy it.
Close by is Hailes Caravan Park which although not as nice as Winchcome is okay.

May 12, 2011
Visit site
We stayed a couple of years ago, but didn't even have a bite in the small pool and it isn't cheap to fish (£6.10 per day). Maybe it has been restocked since or perhaps I just had a bad day.
Also had a bit of warden problem. We had tried ringing several times the day before but had no answer and no returned call from the messages left so turned up without a booking as it was out of season. Was told there were no spaces, even though it looked half empty but then after a bit of moaning and me walking off back to the car to leave they managed to find us a pitch. There were spaces all week so I don't know why they thought there was a problem.

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
Been there about 3 times last visited about 6 years ago, The site is nice and at the time the wardens were fine but sounds like they've changed since then. If you can fish the small pond is stuffed with small tench and rudd 50 fish in a 2 hour session is quite possible fish maggot up in the water for rudd or small soft pellets down the side for the tench they que up for them. Winchcombes a nice base to tour the cotswolds but there is nothing realy within walking distance, We found a quiet little site at Bourton -on-the-water 6 years ago so we visit there at least once a year you seem to be in a better place for touring and the fishing is better and cheaper. Hope it helps

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
We use the site often, last time in autumn 2010. Don't fish though so can't comment on that. The site is lovely although a little tight for space in some parts. I don't recognise the comments about the holiday site managers- I've always found them excellent.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts