Window blind/net plastic securing clips

Jul 15, 2023
Visit site
In all the years of caravanning I’ve never had an issue with the window blind clips that fasten the blind to the fly screen. I can’t work out what’s different with this new Swift van but when you move the blind up or down, more often than not, the clips end up flying through the air!! I’m not moving the blinds any differently to all my other vans. They are easily re attached but love to know if anyone else has had an issue with these flying clips from Swift?

Attachments

• IMG_3934.jpeg
    IMG_3934.jpeg
    474.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3933.jpeg
    IMG_3933.jpeg
    224.7 KB · Views: 4
Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
I have (or did have) exactly the same issue in my Bailey.
I have now out of frustration, removed all of the clips as, to my mind they serve no useful purpose, my (pleated) blinds remain exactly where I place them.

Jul 15, 2023
Visit site
I’m pleased I’m not the only one. Yes, you have a point I think I’ll do the same, when they fly off I’ll leave them off. If I remember rightly the old blinds used to be on a spring which possibly necessitated a clip?

Reactions: Mr Plodd

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
I have (or did have) exactly the same issue in my Bailey.
I have now out of frustration, removed all of the clips as, to my mind they serve no useful purpose, my (pleated) blinds remain exactly where I place them.
Had the same in a previous Bailey. Think they were only stuck on with a bit of nothing in particular. Glued ours back on, but you are right, could just as easily have left them off.
Mel

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts