Window condensation

Aug 30, 2006
Visit site
Wait for a fine day, carefully remove the plugs at bottom of the units and let the sun do the rest. Refit the bungs before the evening to stop moisture re-entering.

Simples!!!

Pat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
I've got the same problem.

Does anybody know where to get replacement bungs by mail order ? Three main dealers in my area (Norfolk) don't stock them.

Bill

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Try merlin the wizard he's more chance, asked my dealer they said they have to come from the manufacturer's.

They not rocket science but try getting the bu-----rs out, got to be somthing their in the market place better.

NigelH

Ps even thought of putting chewing gum in as tempory repair, only joking.

NigelH

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
Two of the dealers I tried actually had the bungs in their workshops but not in their accessory shops and wouldn't sell me 2.

I'll probably be just as helpful when I come to change my caravan in a couple of months time !!

Bill

Somebody actually told me that the bungs are available with a small non return valve in - and it wasn't April 1st !

May 22, 2007
Visit site
HMMM, WE ARE NEW TO CARAVANING AND ALSO HAVE THIS PROBLEM ON THE 2ND HAND VAN WE BOUGHT. I HAVE NOW ,THANKS TO THIS, FOUND THE BUNG HOLES WITH NO BUNGS IN !

HAVE TRIED THE OPEN HOLES SUNNY AND BUNG EM UP AT NIGHT ( WITH LITTLE ROLLS OF CLINGFILM SHAPED INTO A BUNG WHICH SEEMS TO WORK!) BUT THE MOISTURE KEEPS CONDENSING INTO DROPS ALONG THE TOP INSIDE!!!

ANYONE KNOW ANY TIPS TO DRY IT OUT.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
HMMM, WE ARE NEW TO CARAVANING AND ALSO HAVE THIS PROBLEM ON THE 2ND HAND VAN WE BOUGHT. I HAVE NOW ,THANKS TO THIS, FOUND THE BUNG HOLES WITH NO BUNGS IN !

HAVE TRIED THE OPEN HOLES SUNNY AND BUNG EM UP AT NIGHT ( WITH LITTLE ROLLS OF CLINGFILM SHAPED INTO A BUNG WHICH SEEMS TO WORK!) BUT THE MOISTURE KEEPS CONDENSING INTO DROPS ALONG THE TOP INSIDE!!!

Greetings,

GENTLE (I am shouting!)application with a hair dryer. I said GENTLE!!!

Sep 14, 2008
Visit site

My 2004 van is also doing this on two windows, spoke to dealer I purchased the van from and they have bungs on order at the moment and will be seeling them at approx 20p each.

They also advised that doing this on a single warm day is not going to help as moisture still in air even on a nice day and that I would have to wait until the hotter part of summer!! when air moisture is less. The job is still done in one day removing bungs first thing in morning and replacing before air temperature drops in afternoon.

Dealer is Chichester Caravans near Winchester.

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Not answered my question, has anyone found an easy way of extracting them.

NigelH

Yes, if they're all the same shape as the ones in my last van. A bit difficult to explain clearly in words perhaps. If you look closely at the very center of the bung you will see that it is not solid but hollow with a thin shaft right in the middle. Get a small pair of thin nosed pliers, gentley insert them into the center of the bung, take firm grip of the shaft and pull gentley. Worked for me.

Robert

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Not answered my question, has anyone found an easy way of extracting them.

NigelH

Yes, if they're all the same shape as the ones in my last van. A bit difficult to explain clearly in words perhaps. If you look closely at the very center of the bung you will see that it is not solid but hollow with a thin shaft right in the middle. Get a small pair of thin nosed pliers, gentley insert them into the center of the bung, take firm grip of the shaft and pull gentley. Worked for me.

Robert
Tried that Rob mine broke but will give it another go.

Thanks for the info.

Having the window replaced under warranty due to scratche on the inside of the window.

NigelH

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts