windscreen thermal covers

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
Hi. I am new to this magazine / forum, new to Motorhomes and just feeling my way around.
I would like to get some advice on the use of windscreen covers during cold weather. I know there are mainly two types, internal and external covers. Has anybody any advice as to which is the best type, advantages or otherwise of the two types and if I should be looking for a cover designed specifically for my vehicle ( Based on a Peugeot Boxer panel van )

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site
Welcome.
External are the best for stopping condensation.
As you have a standard van base you should have a good selection to choose from.

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Hi Colin, and welcome.
We've used both - and for a time owned both, but for space reasons had to choose which to take for each trip!
As Alan says, the external ones dramatically reduce condensation, be cause they allow the glass to stay close to the inside temperature, whereas with the inside type the glass matches the outside. Warm air + cold glass = condensation!
Where the inside ones gain is ease of putting up and taking down, without leaving the van - handy if it's raining, or if you decide your wild-camping spot isn't as peaceful as you'd expected! Also, outside ones can be a pain to put away after rain.
Indoor ones tend to be more popular on the Continent, especially where the priority is keeping cool, and/or making a quick getaway. In the UK, where it's all about keeping warm, most people go for outside ones.
Think about where and how you'll be using yours, and choose accordingly!
As Alan says , there are plenty on the market, as your Peugeot is identical to the Fiat and Citroen vans of the same age.

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
Thank you both, Tonty and Alan. Very helpful. I think I am favouring the internal ones as we do not seem to be overly troubled by condensation. We have used the vehicle in very cold weather and were surprised at how little condensation occurred.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts