windy vents

Apr 14, 2009
Visit site
could any one please help me i have just bought a bailey hunter lite 1998

when we took this out last week i noticed a lot of wind come in from behind the cooker and fridge think its from the vents

is there a way of stoping this or is it ment to do this as it blows straight on to my kids beds

thanks

Dec 23, 2006
Visit site
Evo,

You can buy covers for your fridge vents from your caravan dealer. They are designed for winter use and are made by the fridge manufacturer. They can be used providing the outside temperature does not exceed 10degress C.

They can be used at night therefore when the temp drops below 10C and removed in the morning.

They cover about 7/8ths of the vents and greatly reduce wind coming into the caravan.

They just clip on and off the vents.

We use them when the caravan is not in use and when travelling in bad weather to stop dirt getting in behind the fridge.

Hamer

Oct 26, 2006
Visit site
The rear of your fridge is supposed to be sealed from the inside of the caravan for optimum efficiency. However, some manufacturers didn't bother although things seem better now. Electrolux (Dometic) used to sell a metal boxing-in kit to achieve this, but I don't know whether it is still available (You could try Googling your fridge model number - there's lots of information on these fridges about). There's nothing to stop you pulling the fridge out and creating your own seal - I did this on a previous 'van using bits of plywood and expanded polystyrene. However, if the cooker is in the same vicinity, the polystyrene won't be suitable and remember that it requires a fresh air supply, so you may need to be careful.

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Our Coachman suffers with extreme draught through fridge so as Coachman say's it is ok i sealed it with the aluminum foil wrapped rockwall as used in insulating buildings.I just pushed it through via taking off the fridge vents and making sure by the burner it is well back from that.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts