Winter Campsites - Benidorm

Jun 24, 2005
Visit site
In the past we've been to Portugal for a month or so in the winter. For various reasons we're not venturing that far this winter and are looking for a good campsite arround Benidorm/Alicante. Where we've stayed in Portugal has very big pitches (200sm+) and I know we're not going to find anything like that. However, we don't want to be squashed onto an 80-100sm pitch 50cm from the next neighbour. Can anyone suggest a site which might meet these requirements?

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi, PaulT. You might like to look up on line Camping Javea (or Xabia in Spanish). It's about 30/40k north of Benidorm, and when we spent the winter before last at Cap Blanch, Altea (don't do it !) we visited and wished we had known about it before going to Cap Blanch. I can only say that it would have suited us very nicely for the winter.

Jun 24, 2005
Visit site
Thanks lolo but their website states that the maximum pitch size is 80 sqmtrs. That's a bit small. What was wrong with Cap Blanche?

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Cap Blanch campsite is situated on the edge of a most gorgeous bay, with a very pleasant seafront promenade to walk along (we don't walk much nowadays and do our sightseeing by car). The campsite is reached through a very frustrating one-way system which nobody but the Brits (when you can find them) seem to obey. We regarded the campsite as being very disappointing. It is very large, mainly disorganised, where you usually put your caravan in any space you can find, and the site is about 75% Dutch, 23% German, 2% Others. (I must confess that we were adopted by a small cell of Dutch people who were very nice - I think they may have regarded us as an endangered species). Unfortunately we did not have an ACSI card, (another story there, too !) so it was necessary to stay a minimum of 6 weeks to get anything like a decent rate. We shot down from there to the Marjhal site at Crevillent (which was like entering another world). You may like to consider that one which is superb although not directly on the coast, although if it is the coast you are looking for, these people have a twin site nearby which is on the coast.

Jun 24, 2005
Visit site
Hi Petera, unfortunately it's not open to the general public. It's a large private villa where the owner allows a certain number of friends (or friends of friends) to pitch in the gardens.

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi Paul
We spend each winter at Camping Almafra, it is about 3 miles from Benidorm and there are a number of larger pitches at about 150 sm. It is a 5 star site with plenty of facilities and can be booked direct with the site or through the Camping and Caravanning club. We have been to Portugal a number of times in the winter but on the whole the weather is better in Spain.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts