Winter in Alicante

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We go to Spain every winter/Spring but have never stayed in the Alicante area. Friens have said the sites at beni cassim and Denia are good - you can see details in CC Europe Spain and other handbooks. It depends on what you want from a site - full facilities, pools, bars etc. or very simple basics sites - not too many of the latter.

The early Spring weather can be better a little further south say around Murcia, Mazzaron area, or even further where we go around Mojacar. The costal strip leading down to the extreme south east corner Cabo de Gata also has a number of sites.
It will also depend on whether you rely on site facilities for showers etc. or use your own in-van as we do. This means you can tolerate less than perfect public facilities at the expense of water collection and disposal and possibly having to wait. We are in a minority with this approach but freedom of choice is one of the great things about this lifestyle.

If going for the first time I might suggest you don't book in for your entire stay in one site. Take some time to get accustomed and after that consider going further south to see a few other sites. It is quite likely that you will find one that somehow 'clicks' with you andyou will return for several more years. Travelling is easy and you could easily go Alicante to Murcia inside a day in comfort.

Mar 14, 2005
jondogoescaravanning.com
It's quite a lot of years since I stayed in the Alicante area but when we did go we stayed at Camping Bon Sol at El Campello. http://www.campingbonsol.es/index_en.htm Looking at the website, the place has changed a lot since we went there. However the area won't have changed.
It's only a short walk, down the hill for a 100 yards to get to the prom and sandy beach. The railway from Alicante up to Benidorm and beyond runs a short distance away with the local station only a short walk. I remember the train fare to Benidorm being only 'peanuts' and including bikes. In Campello there's a fruit and veg market with wonderful displays and fantastically cheap prices.
The site is only a short distance from the A7 motorway with Alicante one way and Benidorm 11 miles the other way. As I remember, the toll barrier is close by so the motorway is peage towards Benidorm but free towards Alicante.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts