Winter vanning check list

Jul 22, 2005
Visit site
I finally got my copy of the magazine and enjoyed reading the winter caravanning in yorkshire and it got me thinking of things i would need to do and take into consideration whilst away, propane gas, draining the system if there is to be a heavy frost, lagging for the aquaroll and filling up the kettle the night before. Anything else?

Yvonne

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
Hi perhaps you can help, I am taking our van away tomorrow, I want to change from Butane to Propane, I have the regulator, I am currently using Butane, do I need to do anything else other than change the regulator. A quick response would be be appreciated. Liz.

Feb 21, 2005
Visit site
Hi Liz, What colour hose have you got? if it is orange or if it says high pressure then you should be ok. appliance's in most modern 'van's today will work on either gas. Remember that the thread when screwing into the cylinder is a left handed thread make sure it is tight. Also remember that there is a breather hole on the regulator which many people don't know about, it must be kept clear and do not allow any any snow or ice to freeze over the vent hole otherwise it will prevent the regulator from functioning properly. Hope that helps.

Feb 21, 2005
Visit site
Liz, it probably is black but check if it says high presure on it, the orange high pressure can be bought by the metre and won't cost very much but the absolute maximum should not exceed 1.5 metre's. Ensure that it is secured either end properly and you can use all year round you don't have to revert back to butane again. Happy hol's. Chloe

Feb 21, 2005
Visit site
It never ceases to amaze me that some people haven't got the courtesy of a louse to say two little words like, 'thank you' for HELP THAT HAS BEEN OFFERED. I know a chap that writes for a mag' and suggested to another member to obtain this mag as it had information that may have been helpful to this particular member. Unfortunately, she couldn't be bothered to respond to my posting as it would have been of interest to know if my posting and private email had helped in any way. I don't know why I bother with such ASTOUNDINGLY UNGRATEFUL people like this. If you cannot be bothered to offer a thank you for help and assistance that is forthcoming by other members, then all I can say is, get s*****d.

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Chloe,

There could be a very good reason why the person concerned has not "thanked" you for your efforts! She maybe ill, did you think about that? Or maybe she hasn't got the use of her own PC, or she could be away on holiday!!

Unfortunately people do not offer thanks as freely as they should do, if that concerns you so much, save your advice!!!

G

I find Chloe's remarks ruder than people not posting a thank you.

I'm a member of another forum where people often post one question and never post again. It is nice to get feed back but I wouldn't lose any sleep when I don't.

Jul 22, 2005
Visit site
Chloe sorry for not giving you my thanks but as Wendy mentioned there could have been an illness, both my parents ended up in hospital! if it wasnt for bad luck i'd have none at all! i usually thank for advice given.

Yvonne Gardiner

Jul 22, 2005
Visit site
Chole, sorry i didnt give you my thanks, but as Wendy suggested there could have been an illness, both my parents ended up in hospital, if i didnt have bad luck then i wouldnt have any at all. I usuall thank for any advice given.

Yvonne Gardiner

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts