winterhoff hitch problem

Apr 17, 2006
Visit site
I recently changed my car and needed to fit a new towbar. My Winterhoff WS3000 hitch would not disconect from the cars new towball. I have not had this problem with this hitch before.

can anyone help.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
john, I have found that if there is no tension on the ball it lifts off with no problem. If you have reversed prior to disconnecting pull forward slightly to extend the hitch and leave the handbrake off [chock the van wheels if on a slope!].

Apr 17, 2006
Visit site
john, I have found that if there is no tension on the ball it lifts off with no problem. If you have reversed prior to disconnecting pull forward slightly to extend the hitch and leave the handbrake off [chock the van wheels if on a slope!].
done that to no avail, hitch was still locked on.Put upward pressure on the towball and then had to tap the hitch plate with a hammer to get the hitch to release.

Nov 15, 2005
Visit site
done that to no avail, hitch was still locked on.Put upward pressure on the towball and then had to tap the hitch plate with a hammer to get the hitch to release.
Just a thought

Did you fit a new towball?

When i got my Elddis, fitted with the Winterhoff hitch, i rubbed all the plating off with fine wet & dry to allow stabiliser pads to grip.

maybe this would aslo allow your coupling to release?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts