Wireless Reversing Camera

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
Just took delivery of a new Elddis Autoquest 100. Looking at fitting a wirless reversing camera. Anyone one know how difficult it is? Any recommendations for a particular camera?

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Wireless reversing cameras usually are not that great and can pick up transmissions from other sources. Wired ones are much better and are quite cheap now have a look on fleabay

gjh

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Before laying out any money I would check whether you really need a camera.

We bought a 2004 Autoquest 100 in June 2006 and found that all we needed was a Fresnel lens on the rear window which allowed a decent view through the central internal rear view mirror.

OK, it's a bit different to a car but, together with the large door mirrors, we soon became used to both reversing and checking the rear during normal driving.

Graham

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the replies folks. I had read that the wireless cameras do pick up a lot of interference. I've had a VW van for a number of years and although the Elddis is a lot bigger it's only 3.5 feet longer, albeit a lot higher and wider. Having said that I already feel very comfortable driving it but getting into my car park home is a bit tight so was just looking at the possibility of help from a camera for maneuvers in tight spaces. I'll look into the lense option. Thanks again.

Nov 13, 2008
Visit site
We've had reliability issues with wireless cameras we've tried, albeit mainly on car / caravan combinations where the wireless bit is an essential! Although harder to fit, wired units are more reliable. That said, the best I've tried personally is this one from Roadpro
http://www.roadpro.co.uk/retail/product_detail.aspx?prod=Digi-View+3.5%22+Wireless+RV+Kit&id=1432
Cheers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts