Wohoo. Picked up my new van

Feb 26, 2007
Visit site
Well the day finally came and on monday i picked up my first, what I call proper, caravan.

It's nothing special but comparewd to my really really old shed on wheels i used to use simply as a bed to sleep in, as that was ll it was good for, it's an absolute dream.

It's a nice 1997 Bailey Ranger 470/4. I have seen loads of people rave about the latest version of this so when i went looking round my local caravan place i noticed this older version of it sat in the corner. a quick look round and i knew why you all like it soo much. Absolutely spot on for what i need.

Even got a deal on the Px i was happy with. Originally i was told they would give me £1000 against the old one which i though was superb but in the end it turns out when i bought it from the local auction it was missold as an younger model than it was. Not a huge issue as they still offered me £500 for it which is still £50 more than i paid for it...lol!!

Now all i have to do is save up for the 3.5m deep awning i need.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Well done Timothy on buying a van that suits your needs and more importantly doing it at a bargain price compared with new. May you have lots of good trips and memories to come in it.

Marc

Oct 9, 2006
Visit site
Hi Tim,

You have made an excellent choice of Caravan with the Bailey Ranger 470/4...I have one too!

We picked up ours 2 weeks ago and absolutely love it. The layout really suits the family. We had a Bailey Beachcomber 2 berth prior to the Ranger and the build quality was superb on that too!

Good luck Vannin!

Andrew & Sharon

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts