women towing

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Tina

Last year I decided to buy a caravan. Husband wasn't interested in caravanning at that time. So I read up on everything I could regarding purchasing a van and towing. I then went out with a trusted neighbour who is a seasoned caravanner, to view several vans. I bought one and the owner delivered it the following weekend. I booked for us (my family, not me and the neighbour!!!), to go away (to a site approx 100 miles from our home) for our first trip. Anyway, I'll get to the point now, we couldn't have picked a worse day to go on holiday if we had wanted to. Just 15 miles into our journey, we hit gridlock due to a bad crash further up the road. This meant detours, queques on the dual carriageway and single carriageways for an hour or so, diversions, total gridlock, impatient motorbikes, you name it, I met it. Anyway, several hours later, we arrived at our destination. I did have a go at reversing onto the pitch but gave up and we simply unhitched and pushed the van onto the pitch. Had a great two week holiday. On the way home, we got totally lost, ended up going down a dirt track and up a one in six hill, (met two terrified cyclists at the top of the hill who dismounted upon seeing us inching our way up the hill). Drove for miles and miles in the opposite direction until I decided to stop and reverse in the hope of getting home......

I consider myself to be quite capable now, I changed my car for a more suitable vehicle. I have just moved the van to a place with plenty of land because my reversing is good but not brilliant and I can practice reversing there in peace.

My advice to you is to go for it - the CC courses sound excellent and really good value I would have gone on one but it meant having to wait a few months and I couldn't do that, I just wanted to take off.

p.s. On another outing, we took a wrong turn and I ended up driving round Sainsbury's carpark not once but twice with the van on the back. I need to get GPS!!

Good luck and keep us informed.

Lisa

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
I think you should change your name to Captain Caveman !!!

p.s PC done a thread on binoculars which should help you check for nice knickers !!

Mar 21, 2005
Visit site
I would like to give up my day job but it is too important as I am a Govt adviser for road safety
Brian,

I can't read the rest of this thread 'cos of the tears of laughter streaming down my face !!!

Hilarious ..... best laugh I've had all day, in fact my tummy's aching now ...

Janey

May 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi Jane,I hope you've recovered,I think the sight of a kangaroo dressed in a yellow coat armed with a STOP CHILDREN sign is likely to cause far more accidents than any number of women(or men)drivers....don't you!

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi Jane,I hope you've recovered,I think the sight of a kangaroo dressed in a yellow coat armed with a STOP CHILDREN sign is likely to cause far more accidents than any number of women(or men)drivers....don't you!
yes

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts