Wood Farm at Charmouth

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Hi, has any one stayed at Wood Farm, were thinking of this site for our summer hols, been reading reviews but getting mixed reports. We've no kids but him in doors likes fishing. Any replys would be great good or bad. We dont want to be to far away from the coast, no more than 10 mins.

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
If your husband likes fishing why not try Lucksall caravan park near Hereford a try ,lovely site with large pitches some by the river Wye ,and you may catch one of these Barbel

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
just to comment further , the site is about 15 mins away from Hereford town centre ,yet once on the site you could be a thousand miles away ,the river contains nearly all fish species including Salmon and trout ,you can hire a canoe from reception for the more adventerous ,bikes if you like cycling ,there is also some fantastic walking in the area ,Symond Yat rock is worth seeing ,

May 12, 2011
Visit site
We stayed at Wood's Farm last September. It was a really nice, professionally run site. Helpful staff, adequate shop, and walkable distance into Charmouth and the coast. On the downside, very hilly site, you need to be fit to walk to the reception if you are pitched at the lower end which is peaceful and roomy. The top end can suffer with road noise. The fishing lake looks absolutely fantastic BUT is quite expensive on a daily basis and is mainly filled with tiny silver fish. I'm not the best angler in the world but I only had one large carp on the whole week and I lost that!

Sanitary facs very good, and as we did it on the ACSI card the price was right too.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts