Woodlands Park - Devon.

Apr 13, 2006
Visit site
Hi,

We are going to Woodlands in August. Not really towed a great deal before so I am a bit worried about getting there.

Are the roads fairly ok getting there or are they really narrow & twisty & hilly. Not been to Devon since I was little so can't remember the roads. We are travelling from Nottingham.

Also, can anyone recommend beaches worth visiting if we can drag the kids away from the park!!

Thank you

Lisa

Sep 13, 2006
Visit site
Roads from A38 (follow signs from A38)through Totnes to the site do wind quite a bit and there are a few small hills on the way but not a bad road with no single track sections - although you may want to pull over in some of the wider sections if you see a wider load coming.

We have a large oufit at 41ft X 7ft 6ins and do not find it difficult.

There is a beach signposted to the right as you head into Dartmouth from Woodlands called Blackpool sands, we have not been there but hear it is very nice.

Woodlands is a very good campsite and the park is great for the kids, that is why we keep going back and have not seen the beach.

Apr 17, 2007
Visit site
You're kids will love woodlands. but don't let them have all the fun. The tobbogan is brill (only girls use the brakes) and the three water slides are excellent if not a tad scary.(and wet). If you go down to Dartmouth (Use the park and ride parking in Dartmouth is almost impossible but there is a large carpark at kingswear on the opposite side of the river with a ferry accros). Then walk, or better, take the small ferry to the castle and when the tide has dropped a bit there is a tiny beach I think it's known as castle cove. You can swim from the rocks or fish. and watch all the boats coming ang going and there is a small cafe at the castle as well.But don't tell everyone!! As suggested blackpool beach is very nice and Slapton although shingle is a lovelly spot for an evening stroll.Also try the pub at the waters edge at Dittisham. You may of guessed I like it round Dartmouth. Have fun,

Paul

Apr 13, 2006
Visit site
thanks for the info,

just a bit worried as my granny had a nasty accident involving a steep hill and her mobility scooter around that area!!

When we travelled to Cornwall for our honeymoon we can remember roads that we could only just get our old Astra down.

Anymore info on other attractions/things to do etc around that area would be appreciated.

Lisa

Jul 10, 2007
Visit site
Hi Lisa,

I'm a single mum of 2 and I towed my (not very big) caravan to Woodlands Park from Kent about 3 years ago. I too was a little worried about the roads, but don't remember any scary moments. Can wholly recommend the park, we had a great time, and loved the area. The only negative I can remember is that the on site shop is more of a souvenier shop, and has very limited supplies for campers, so shop elsewhere.

Nov 9, 2005
Visit site
we went down that way last year roads are abit dodgey but no worse than corwall roads

woodland park if great our kids loved it(5 and 9) blackpool sands is ok but if you want proper sand its not good it hurts your feet as its like fine shingle,the sea is strange too the sand sort of just drops into the sea.its very clean though

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts