WOOHOO!!!!

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!

PTA

Mar 5, 2020
Visit site
I hope you get to Portugal last time we were there we was stopping in Vilamoura and the Marina was impressive but enjoy Scotland

Thanks. Yes Vilamoura is nice. We head down to Lagos and stay at Turiscampo on a fully serviced pitch. We love the place.
Last year the Algarve was just about the most covid-free area in Europe. Sadly, that is no longer the case and they have been hit very hard.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I think all of Europe is starting to get another spike, and with countries refusing the covid vaccines, everything will take a lot longer to get back to a normality.
I honestly do not understand why folks want to go away from The Uk at this time.

Reactions: ProfJohnL

PTA

Mar 5, 2020
Visit site
A lot can happen between now and August.
IF it's safe, why not go?
("all of Europe" isn't now refusing the covid vaccines).

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
As well as resuming vaccinations, Europe needs to ramp up their rate of vaccination to a similar rate as the UK otherwise they may well have to cope with a 4th spike next winter.

It'll be a good guide to "safety" when the UK government removes the requirement for holidaymakers to quarantine on their return - we've gained a lot from our vaccination rate and they're aren't going to let that go easily.

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
We were I Benidorm 6 weeks last summer, wasn't as busy and you have to wear masks everywhere but glad we went, bonus is the pool wasn't as busy and more choice of pitch. We'll be going again this year if allowed (I'm sure it will)

We've booked for 6 weeks in Bennidorm & 6 weeks in Bennicassim from 9th September-can't wait. I'll wear a mask if necessary but I'll enjoy myself with a few beers on my pitch in the sunshine! Even if it is 90 days maximum!

Reactions: Richard and Ann
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
We've booked for 6 weeks in Bennidorm & 6 weeks in Bennicassim from 9th September-can't wait. I'll wear a mask if necessary but I'll enjoy myself with a few beers on my pitch in the sunshine! Even if it is 90 days maximum!
Sounds good, and hopefully with having both covid jabs, re-entry to the UK will be no problem.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I now wonder, what will happen if quarantine for people coming back to the Uk with a cararavan, boat, trailer, happens. Where do they store the units, do they fumigate the said , caravans boats etc.

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
I now wonder, what will happen if quarantine for people coming back to the Uk with a cararavan, boat, trailer, happens. Where do they store the units, do they fumigate the said , caravans boats etc.

If we have to quarentine, won't it be in the van? Maybe Portsmouth docks will open a temporary site! Surely by Christmas it will be sorted-Boris said end of restrictions 21st June! (Fingers Crossed!)

PTA

Mar 5, 2020
Visit site
[/QUOTE
PTA, that is not what I printed, ,please check my posting.
Don't want to be a pedant but which countries are refusing the covid vaccines?
I'm at that stage in life when I want to maximise experiences before I am no longer able!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Don't want to be a pedant but which countries are refusing the covid vaccines?
I'm at that stage in life when I want to maximise experiences before I am no longer able!
It’s been reported widely on BBC, ITV , Sky and papers. Surely you must be aware of how many European countries have suspended the Astra Zeneca and how several of those countries have historical aversions to vaccines; France bring particularly vaccine resistant.

Reactions: Hutch
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
If we have to quarentine, won't it be in the van? Maybe Portsmouth docks will open a temporary site! Surely by Christmas it will be sorted-Boris said end of restrictions 21st June! (Fingers Crossed!)
The Goverment has said hopefully things "might" be de restricted, " inside" the Uk , but bringing ourselfs and maybe carvans Boats etc, will be due to restrictions.
Having worked all over the world for 90% of my working life, and having vaccinations for Yellow fever, Cholera, Hepatitus, Meningites etc and Having certificates for those, whats the problem of having the same certifacates for Covid 19.
That way it is easier to travel.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site

A lot depends on how people will behave after 12th April and 21st June. If the infection rate increases no doubt the government quite rightly will clamp down again due to some people who just don't care about others.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
A lot depends on how people will behave after 12th April and 21st June. If the infection rate increases no doubt the government quite rightly will clamp down again due to some people who just don't care about others.
It's important that everyone sticks with the new restrictions rather than get "demob happy" and throw caution to the wind.

Reactions: Buckman

PTA

Mar 5, 2020
Visit site
It’s been reported widely on BBC, ITV , Sky and papers. Surely you must be aware of how many European countries have suspended the Astra Zeneca and how several of those countries have historical aversions to vaccines; France bring particularly vaccine resistant.

But they aren't refusing covid vaccines. They paused the use of the AZ for dubious reasons. They continued (too slowly) with the Pfizer and have recommenced the use of AZ.

I am working on the basis of hoping to go to Portugal in mid August by which time I will listen to the UK government's advice and that of Spain's and Portugal's and IF " cleared" I shall go.

We can't live in limbo forever.....unless warnings are still current then.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
It's important that everyone sticks with the new restrictions rather than get "demob happy" and throw caution to the wind.
One of the key things is how the resumption of schooling affects infection rates. Last year as L1 started to ease pupils were mainly out of school except for key workers. Also for L3 many more adults are back at work in factories and offices. In our area cases have reduced significantly but have not yet gone down as low as when L1 was being eased despite vaccination progress. The gap of 4+1 week between lockdown relaxation measures gives time for the effect of each measure to be assessed. Hopefully the Government will hold its nerve and assess the results of each measure before going to the next, as there are still a large number of unvaccinated people that even with a lower probability of death can be adversely affected, and who would drain NHS resources which need to be refocused on the normal medical conditions that affect the population.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. Yes Vilamoura is nice. We head down to Lagos and stay at Turiscampo on a fully serviced pitch. We love the place.
Last year the Algarve was just about the most covid-free area in Europe. Sadly, that is no longer the case and they have been hit very hard.
Hi We haven"t been abroad now for six years but we did fly to Algarve but hired a car there so you never know might drive somewhere nearer but when it safe and covid -free

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Looking at the news, I rather think the problem with going abroad may be the prevalence of he virus over there and not here.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Not if the powers that be (Brussels) keep withholding the vaccine from the people, even for a few days.
It’s actually individual countries that make the decisions on who to vaccinate and what with. The. EMA which was based in London is now in Amsterdam and makes its recommendations but nations have sovereignty over health matters. Hence the French about turn on OAZ vaccine.

Reactions: PTA and DaveA1
Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
It’s actually individual countries that make the decisions on who to vaccinate and what with. The. EMA which was based in London is now in Amsterdam and makes its recommendations but nations have sovereignty over health matters. Hence the French about turn on OAZ vaccine.
Spot on OC but the gist of my post stands.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Well, My nephew, picked up his new Camper van last week, and had his Illegal night out in it,
He used to have spare cash, last time he buy cheese from Waitrose.
received_722377368455371.jpeg

Reactions: Parksy
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Well I know of someone got a Volkswagen Campervan he book a break he says it got a portable toilet/ shower he going away on the 12th April for a few nights

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts